Restaurants to try in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks all, several places on here we've been to before, and several we plan to try...our goal is to go to new places, both eating and activities, places we haven't been to before...we'll see how it goes, humans being creatures of habit and whatnot...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not aware of a dress code in Pearls that does not allow jeans
And have been in there (on Classen) several times wearing jeans. [emoji2371]

Pearls, Trappers, and Crabtown share quite a few menus items. I like them a lot!
I got turned away about 10 years ago and never went back.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks all, several places on here we've been to before, and several we plan to try...our goal is to go to new places, both eating and activities, places we haven't been to before...we'll see how it goes, humans being creatures of habit and whatnot...

Well, if you are looking for new places to go and will be on the NE side of OKC, check out the 45th Infantry Museum up by NE 36th and Martin Luther King Blvd/Eastern Ave. They are just about a block east of that intersection on 36th and have a magnificent display both outside and inside, including tons of guns.

It's free to get in to see the museum, but they do allow one to donate at the "welcome desk" inside the north door.

My photos of the 45th Infantry Museum

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if you are looking for new places to go and will be on the NE side of OKC, check out the 45th Infantry Museum up by NE 36th and Martin Luther King Blvd/Eastern Ave. They are just about a block east of that intersection on 36th and have a magnificent display both outside and inside, including tons of guns.

It's free to get in to see the museum, but they do allow one to donate at the "welcome desk" inside the north door.

My photos of the 45th Infantry Museum
Definitely a stop on the list, I've never been there, plan to rectify that soon...have some more museums and stuff we plan to hit as well

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the choices so far, I have tried a few of the ones mentioned and either I wasn't impressed (Trappers) or my wife didn't like it (Off the Hook)...Trappers comes recommended often, but the one time I ate there the prices were way higher than the food I got, maybe its just what I ordered? Anyway, keep em coming!
Agree, trappers was all about atmosphere, and not so much about the quality of food. We were disappointed as well. Tried it three times and no more. The smallest raw oysters I've ever been served.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do not miss out on Café Kacao, at NW 32 and Classen. They are open for breakfast and lunch, and there is always a wait to get seated. You can avoid moist of that by using the Yelp app, and "get in line" from home before heading that way. When you join the wait list, it will tell you approximately how long it will be before they can seat you. Try the Cuban Omelet, it is the best dang egg/meat dish I ever ate. Also, unreal good French Toast and Pancakes. I've eaten there a bazillion times and have never had a dish I didn't like. It's a cool place, kinda a dive; but awesome chow.
Been there a couple of times on Drury's recommendation. Danged good food if you like something other than chicken fry with gravy and are willing to expand your dining choices.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree, trappers was all about atmosphere, and not so much about the quality of food. We were disappointed as well. Tried it three times and no more. The smallest raw oysters I've ever been served.
I love the quail dinner. I get it every time we go. But they are high for what you get.

If you're interested in Midwest City, the frog legs at Pelicans are really good every time I've had them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the quail dinner. I get it every time we go. But they are high for what you get.

If you're interested in Midwest City, the frog legs at Pelicans are really good every time I've had them.
High for what you get is the key terminology. Frog legs come from my pond. There are some beasts in there!

Latest posts

Top Bottom