Restoration videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a reason that guns are thrown away. I’m not sure that I would want to be in possession of a firearm found in a body of water.
That's exactly what I was thinking. You pull something out of the water and 'restore' it. You're proud of what you did so you show it to all your buddies and word trickles back to the 'authorities' that you pulled a gun out of a certain body of water. The next thing you know, someone's knocking on your door. You probably won't be implicated in the crime, but you just opened up a big can of worms!

I used to hear when I was a kid, "letting the cat out of the bag is a lot easier than putting him back in."

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the videos I have seen where they find guns, LE is called and they confiscate the weapons.

Having not watched any of the above yet, I'm assuming some of the ones you are watching are not US based?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Do a YouTube search for ‘magnet fishing guns’ or something like that. One guy has a YT channel and calls LE on every gun he finds. A couple vids show the ones he got back. Detroit would not let him keep any of the 6 he found. Other departments run their checks and give them back.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was thinking. You pull something out of the water and 'restore' it. You're proud of what you did so you show it to all your buddies and word trickles back to the 'authorities' that you pulled a gun out of a certain body of water. The next thing you know, someone's knocking on your door. You probably won't be implicated in the crime, but you just opened up a big can of worms!

I used to hear when I was a kid, "letting the cat out of the bag is a lot easier than putting him back in."
WHY would anyone throw a perfectly good gun from a bridge into creek? I can only think of one reason!

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the videos I have seen where they find guns, LE is called and they confiscate the weapons.

Having not watched any of the above yet, I'm assuming some of the ones you are watching are not US based?
As long as the value is below $500, you can keep it. State law requires a reasonable effort to find the lawful owner, that usually pertains to items such as wallets, purses or other items with owner ID.

Latest posts

Top Bottom