Retired Four-Star General jailed over Chinese takeout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.military.com/daily-news/...er-chinese-takeout.html#.Vd4fdevCDAI.facebook

That is when Livsey allegedly grabbed the driver's throat and facial hair, pushed him and pinned him against a refrigerator in his kitchen. During the assault, police said, two people in the home took the food, placed it on a counter and began eating it.

The driver was ultimately released and reported the incident to police, the chief said.
Officers went to Livsey's home in the 200 block of Carriage Chase. Police said he told them he ordered the food and consumed some of it without paying for it. He also said the delivery driver pushed him when his debit card was rejected, Pitts said.

As officers tried to handcuff him, Livsey resisted, according to the police chief. The struggle created a small laceration on Livsey's arm. Fayette County EMS was called to the scene to treat the injury and police tried to handcuff Livsey again.

The police chief said Livsey tried "to punch one of the officers and kick another one all while making threatening and disparaging remarks."

In his interview with the AJC, the retired general spoke with emotion over what he called his mistreatment by authorities.

"It's the first time in my life I'm ashamed to be an American," Livsey said. "They took me away without my shoes, glasses or medicine."
He added, "I fought for this country so hard, and I've tried to do good all my life."

Livsey was a platoon leader in the Korean War and later commanded an infantry battalion in Vietnam before returning to South Korea to command U.S. forces there in the mid-1980s. He retired in 1987.
He received many awards and decorations during his military career, including the Distinguished Service Medal, the Silver Star, the Legion of Merit with three Oak Leaf Clusters and the Distinguished Flying Cross.

In October 2008, a portion of Highway 314 in Fayetteville was renamed the "General Bill Livsey Highway" in Livsey's honor.

Livsey was taken to the Fayette County jail on charges of robbery, misdemeanor obstruction, theft of services, simple assault and terroristic threats.

The retired commander said there were several guests at his house at the time of the incident. He said he sent his assistant to the restaurant to pay for the food and give the driver a tip.

Livsey also said Royal Chef wanted to drop the incident but the Fayetteville police made "a spectacle of it and a spectacle of me."

Livsey said his bond was set at $12,000 but he said "I didn't have to pay that. The judge released me on my own recognizance."

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, regardless of what really happened, did the police just show up and take the delivery driver's word for it? I need more info, because surely they didn't just arrest the old man on nothing more than the delivery guy's say so.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, a name in the news that I knew!!!

He was CG of Eighth Army when I was in Korea.

I would get to talk to him once in a while when it rained.
For some reason, the rain messed with out phone lines at Camp Walker and when I would try to call my buddy (literally across the street) I would get connected with one of his direct lines.

Dave

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This story leaves out a lot. Was they arresting him in his home because a driver claimed he was manhandled and didnt pay a bill? 10 orficers for an 84 yr old man?

Weird

Latest posts

Top Bottom