Retirement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Should we get Drury to explain to the OP what retirement means? If you are working you are not retired .......... or am I missing something here !!!:cool:

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of things about the 1911 but this statement is a first ................ My 1911 is the one I feel aims naturally, recoil is minimal and getting back on target is a breeze the only reason I do not carry it everyday to work is the weight and to get it to carry comfortably and be concealed is not easy.
It is a commander model 45 ragged single hole in the target at 21 feet when I do my job!! Oh yes it cost a whopping $325 ATI commander zero custom work on the operation other than replacing the springs and cleaning the trigger group up.
A friend of mine who is a pretty good shot with a revolver, bought a really nice kimber a while back.

We went to a local club for their 50 yard center fire bullseye shoot, and he took the kimber.

Well, at the end of the day he was lucky to have 5 hits (outa 30) on a NRA 50 yd slow fire pistol target (21 inches wide, 24 inches tall)!

He asked one of the guys there who was one of the best shots to give it a try to make sure the Kimber was not junk.

It worked and hit just fine!

Sure enough, it was my buddy who could not hit.

Another friend of mine, loves his 1911, but at the range, he does not hit too well with it.

And me, speaking from personal experience, with a stock Colt DE 10mm, I can hit a target ok, but it is not as easy.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine who is a pretty good shot with a revolver, bought a really nice kimber a while back.

We went to a local club for their 50 yard center fire bullseye shoot, and he took the kimber.

Well, at the end of the day he was lucky to have 5 hits (outa 30) on a NRA 50 yd slow fire pistol target (21 inches wide, 24 inches tall)!

He asked one of the guys there who was one of the best shots to give it a try to make sure the Kimber was not junk.

It worked and hit just fine!

Sure enough, it was my buddy who could not hit.

Another friend of mine, loves his 1911, but at the range, he does not hit too well with it.

And me, speaking from personal experience, with a stock Colt DE 10mm, I can hit a target ok, but it is not as easy.
50 yards with a pistol .... definitely takes more practice than I have time or bullets for . I will practice at 25 with my revolver and pistols but past that it is rifle time . If you are hitting regular at 50 with out doing it all the time ..... your doing good!

Let me also add that I mostly practice at 25 with my 4 inch 357 cause it is my go to the woods back up.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
50 yards with a pistol .... definitely takes more practice than I have time or bullets for . I will practice at 25 with my revolver and pistols but past that it is rifle time . If you are hitting regular at 50 with out doing it all the time ..... your doing good!
Lol!

I have done 100 yards bullseye with a stock cz75bd a few times. Score is not super great, only a 102.

1E6CEC64-4A5C-4381-AA29-A988678AED9A.jpeg
The bullseye at the club it is ok to use two hand hold!

Years ago I had something attack my chickens, so a friend made me a life size cardboard coyote cutout on a cnc router.

Just for fun I tried the cz at 200 yards and placed about 4 or 5 hits out of a mag full (15 or 16 shots)!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom