Retirement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't made this public on this forum but I am quickly approaching retirement (10/29/2021). With this coming up soon, I have the opportunity to pin a badge back on as a Reserve for the County or PD. What I am looking for are suggestions when it comes to a Duty sidearm. When I left my Reserve Unit in 2010 (after 20 years) I was carrying a 5 inch Govt model 45acp. Please give me some helpful insight.
If you like and are competent with the 1911 45, why not carry that? It wouldn't be my first choice, but it is still a fine system.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might be mistaken, but are you looking for a pistol to retire from the PD with? In 4 months? If so, why switch up the entire manual of arms for such a short duration of time. I'd stick with a nice pistol for your last says on the job, a nice pistol you can walk out with, held up high and with the thanks of the community. Congratulations and thanks for your service.

If you do decide to change things up though, I'd go Sig p320.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might be mistaken, but are you looking for a pistol to retire from the PD with? In 4 months? If so, why switch up the entire manual of arms for such a short duration of time. I'd stick with a nice pistol for your last says on the job, a nice pistol you can walk out with, held up high and with the thanks of the community. Congratulations and thanks for your service.

If you do decide to change things up though, I'd go Sig p320.
I think it was to use in a different capacity. He is going to be a reserve officer.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I feel it is a hard pistol to shoot (accurately)!
I have heard a lot of things about the 1911 but this statement is a first ................ My 1911 is the one I feel aims naturally, recoil is minimal and getting back on target is a breeze the only reason I do not carry it everyday to work is the weight and to get it to carry comfortably and be concealed is not easy.
It is a commander model 45 ragged single hole in the target at 21 feet when I do my job!! Oh yes it cost a whopping $325 ATI commander zero custom work on the operation other than replacing the springs and cleaning the trigger group up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom