Retiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A week ago today while at our yearly vacation pick meeting at work a friend ask me if I had looked at my retire fund lately ? I said no I hardly ever look at that stuff. He said you should ,the one rate that affects our retirement fund was way down which means you get more if you retire when it is low. So I got on the computer and ran a retirement estimation. It looked really good, so I set up a meeting with a finance person uptown. She looked at all our debt (which is very little) and our assets. She said you can retire anytime you like, you are in good shape. I said I guess I'd better go now while that one rate was low. A week ago I had no idea I was retiring. I had planned on working about another three or four years or at least to April 7th which would give me 40 years in the refinery. I like the work I do and most of the people I work with. The one thing I'm ( and many others ) tired is the chickenshit management we have now. I had always heard that P66 was a bad company to work for and I believe it now. This is going to be a big life changing event for me . I've only been out of work for a couple of months one since I was 15 years old. It's really going to take some getting used to. At least I'll have time to get to the range more often. Jan. 1 I'm unemployed.
Congratulations. I wanted to work four more years also, but the LORD had other ideas so here I be and really do not regret it. Enjoy your family, you r hobbies, and get to doing some of those projects you never had the time for. Again CONGRATULATIONS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom