Retro AR (again)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious... do you want to try and get as possibly close to a retro AR as you can or do you just want an A1/A2 stock, triangular handgaurd, carry handle, etc? Is a removable carry handle okay?

In other words, would you be happy with the retro look or are you wanting a close replica?

I have a more modern AR, a Stag 3G. I could just get an upper and fixed stock for it if I could be sure they'd fit. Like a 601/602, the Stag 3G lower has no forward assist, but unlike the 601/602 the mag release is fenced. Hanging the retro parts on the rail and changing the stock wouldn't look right. The retro upper would make it lighter too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a more modern AR, a Stag 3G. I could just get an upper and fixed stock for it if I could be sure they'd fit. Like a 601/602, the Stag 3G lower has no forward assist, but unlike the 601/602 the mag release is fenced. Hanging the retro parts on the rail and changing the stock wouldn't look right. The retro upper would make it lighter too.

Sportsman’s guide was carrying the retro kits at one time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom