Return of evidence ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious, how does it work when a gun is seized and used in a trial ( Kyle’s AR ). After being acquitted does he get his gun back ? Is it given to him right there or does he have an officer walk it out for him ? Is it taken back to a police station or DA office ? Or is it just gone ?

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not the same scenario but….

I had a gun stolen once. When it was recovered and they were finished with it I got a call to come pick it up. I went to the sheriff’s office and told who I was and why I was there. They checked my ID. Then they gave my gun back minus ammo and I walked right back out the front door.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That happened to me as well XYZ. My Glock19 was stolen in Dallas about 12 years ago. I got a call from the Arlington PD about 2 years later saying the had recovered my gun but I would have to wait to see if it had been used in a crime. A year later they called me back and said it was clear. The sent it up here to the OKCPD property room. They called when it arrive and I went down, showed my ID and walked out with it.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another life ago, in 1996, there was a search warrant executed on a residence I was sharing. I was not at home at the time and never saw the warrant. I had to go pick up my weapons at the local PD. No charges were filed as a result of the warrant.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a chance he may not want that rifle back, a bit too many memories. If he does the DA could be just as much of a dick about it as he was with the charges in the first place. Might take a court order.

Latest posts

Top Bottom