Returning shooter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadeuphoria

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Gage. I started shooting when I was around the age of 13 (currently 28). Me and my dad would shoot IDPA matches at USSA, Red Castle, and Oil capital (I think was the name?). I had a stock gen 3 Glock 17 that I still own. I quit shooting around the age 17, and didn't start again until about 4 years ago. But I haven't shot a match since I was a teenager. I currently use a x5 legion, but I'm looking for something along the lines of a staccato. I have a few questions though. I have heard that staccatos aren't allowed in certain competitions, unless you ran in the open class. And at that point they would be a disadvantage to the Atlas/Hayes/cz race guns etc. I read uspsa said that pretty much all pistols are allowed within regulations, but they have a power factor they add in. But I don't see any uspsa matches coming this year to OK on their calendar. So I'm trying to choose a good carry/comp gun that is hammer fired, and double stacked. No double actions. Can you guys help me out? I would rather spend a little more and get exactly what I want. I also don't really want two separate guns, I'd rather have a gun that feels natural for a edc and if I wanted to potentially compete. Thanks in advance.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are USPSA matches in OKC-OKCGC, Tulsa-USSA, Duncan-SCRAP, you can come to any of them and run whatever gun you have it will fit into one of the divisions, as long as it is 9mm or larger and less than .45

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where can I find the schedules for the matches?
OKCGC is 1st Saturday every month. Tomorrow! Sign in is @ 9:00 start shooting at 10:00.

USPSA @ Stephens County Rifle & Pistol club (SCRAP) is coming next Saturday (16 July, 2022).

Sign-in starts at: 9 am
New Shooters brief: 9:45am
The match, crying, fussing & cussing start at: 10am
The estimated round count is 130.

USSA - Tulsa is on Sunday, I believe, I don’t go to that one very often, so I’m not sure.

Come tomorrow to OKCGC and ask for me I will be glad to show you around and answer any questions.
Jeff Turner

Latest posts

Top Bottom