Review: Wilshire Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So far I like this range a lot. I'm a suburbanite handgun shooter, so I suppose I'm "in the demo" for WG. When I've been there I've used the 25 yard range. It's been clean & comfortable. Subjectively the air quality seems distinctly better than the other major indoor range. I do not find the lane booths crowded (again, handgun shooter at 25).

I love the digital selectors for the target holders that let you choose a precise target range in 0.5 yard intervals.

I intend to follow up on how to get clearance to work from the holster. Frankly, I am seriously eyeing puchasing one of the memberships.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
**Update** went back in a couple of weeks ago and ended up speaking with the CEO. Looks like they have made some great strides. They have implemented options for prone positional shooting on the big range, are working on fixes for the cramped booth space and have better aligned the product pricing. He also listened intently to my suggestions for improvement which indicates to me they are going to be definitely headed in the right direction. Some of the staff still seem to be learning product or breaking out of their usual niche (most seem like comp pistol people and not terribly experienced otherwise) but they are learning. And I didn't actually get out to the range but I'll be making that trip soon and will update more then.

LDA.45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went there yesterday and was glad they are getting in some top of the line bolt gun's.
Overall it was a good impression....BUT sorry to say this but H&H makes a better Onion Burger.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well all i can say is i envy all of yall in the okc area with all the ranges to choose from quess i will just have to be happy with my self made outdoor range when the weather permits and the time allows me to go. Cause im not going to spend 3 hours on the road to shoot for a hour and then 3 hours back home. Ok vent over continue and ignore me.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went twice this week, once with a friend for the first time and then today with my wife because she wanted to go check it out. Biggest issues I had was the hourly range fee/limit and the pricing on firearms. Coming from Outdoor America, I am acutely aware of dealer cost from the main distributors, as well as the deals that are given at buying shows, and there is really nothing that excuses a $608.xx Glock 27 Gen 4. There were a number of other firearms that were priced mildly to wildly out of line with local pricing but that was the OMFG example.

On a positive note, their bison burger was delicious and they started giving a LEO/Military discount this week.

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
well all i can say is i envy all of yall in the okc area with all the ranges to choose from quess i will just have to be happy with my self made outdoor range when the weather permits and the time allows me to go. Cause im not going to spend 3 hours on the road to shoot for a hour and then 3 hours back home. Ok vent over continue and ignore me.

I live in the city and envy your ability to have a self-made outdoor range. I wish I could just head out the back door and ping steel all morning before work.

On a positive note, their bison burger was delicious and they started giving a LEO/Military discount this week.

Just active mil or do they offer the discount to vets (with proof)?

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a wait time for the ranges? I really would like to try out one of the 100 yard ranges but don't want to wait forever. I might just have to go check it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom