Revolver shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody know what the hell this thing is?

I really want one. Looks like a .410 revolver shotgun. I see some Russian ones but curious if others have experience with them.

1633053673435.png

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a Rossi Circuit Judge. That one appears to be stainless. I have one that is blued. They can fire .45 Colt or 410 shotshells. I have had one for many years and love it. It is the most carried long gun here on my farm.

I'll add a photo tomorrow.

https://rossiusa.com/firearms/circuit-judge

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a Rossi Circuit Judge. That one appears to be stainless. I have one that is blued. They can fire .45 Colt or 410 shotshells. I have had one for many years and love it. It is the most carried long gun here on my farm.

Awesome, it has such a unique look! I'd love to see your blued one.

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My blued (more like blackened) Circuit Judge, with Bushnell scope, Streamlight light, and leather cheek pad. It goes everywhere I go when I go out and about on the farm at night. It will put 5 in the 10 ring at the 40 yard corners of my front yard. I keep the choke out so it does not interfere with the .45 Colt rounds. It's certainly not a showpiece, it is a tool for a specific purpose and it does it well.

DSCF4102.JPG
DSCF4103.JPG
DSCF4104.JPG
DSCF4105.JPG
DSCF4106.JPG

Last edited:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That is an interesting long arm. From reading history there were pistol rifles like that during and after the Civil War. Neat idea but they were not popular because of one reason. Blow by from the cylinders. This makes me wonder about the Taurus judge. Have you experienced any gases expelling when holding the forearm?

Myself I learned about the gases from Revolvers the hard way. Was out shooting side by side with a friend. Had a 1911 and he his fathers old revolver. Later we learned it was a little out of time but did not at the time. Long story short we were probably about 6 feet apart shooting into a River bank. When he shot that old revolver it spit gas and lead at me from the side. It took me a second to figure out what was happening and back up. Not fun I tell yah.

There is a video on YouTube that shows a hot dog disintegrating when placed next to a revolver cylinder when shot. I guess the 410 shell when shot opens and seals the gap but the 45LC may be different.

So, you experience anything or am I just paranoid for nothing?

Latest posts

Top Bottom