Revolver shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nowatashooter01

New to the site!
Reaction score
Liberty makes 1800 fps 45LC ( lighter bullet but nice hollow point). They also make some quick rounds for 45 ACP, 9mm. .357 and others.

Russian Saiga also makes #3 buck in 3 inch.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Circuit Judge prevents the blow by from reaching the hand by the use of little metal wings on each side of the stock. My camera is not good enough to show them.

Watch beginning at 2:13 in the following video for the best views I have been able to find.

Pretty cool. I was worrying all for nothing. Those shield seem to do the trick well. Neat gun

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
iThat is an interesting long arm. From reading history there were pistol rifles like that during and after the Civil War. Neat idea but they were not popular because of one reason. Blow by from the cylinders. This makes me wonder about the Taurus judge. Have you experienced any gases expelling when holding the forearm?

Myself I learned about the gases from Revolvers the hard way. Was out shooting side by side with a friend. Had a 1911 and he his fathers old revolver. Later we learned it was a little out of time but did not at the time. Long story short we were probably about 6 feet apart shooting into a River bank. When he shot that old revolver it spit gas and lead at me from the side. It took me a second to figure out what was happening and back up. Not fun I tell yah.

There is a video on YouTube that shows a hot dog disintegrating when placed next to a revolver cylinder when shot. I guess the 410 shell when shot opens and seals the gap but the 45LC may be different.

So, you experience anything or am I just paranoid for nothing?
the only thing I noticed about my circuit judge (hand gun) is that the 410 shells kick very little and sound like only the primer fires, a friend had one that did the same,

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The handgun versions are known as the "Judge". They are marketed by Taurus.

The carbine version, with the 18.5" barrel, is known as the "Circuit Judge". They are marketed by both Rossi and Taurus with the Rossi being more commonly found.

Last edited:

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The handgun versions are known as the "Judge". They are marketed by Taurus.

The carbine version, with the 18.5" barrel, is known as the "Circuit Judge". They are marketed by both Rossi and Taurus with the Rossi being more commonly found.
Thank you I couldn't remember its exact name, still, have the thing just haven't fired it since firing a few rounds of 410 and thinking it probably didn't have the power to kill a snake

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are just shooting 410 shot shells the judge has low recoil and the shot spreads so much that your not gonna kill anything beyond 8ft. I have shot 410 #6's thru the judge 20 yds from a bank and the spread pattern is somewhere in the a area of 20 ft. Now if I could get my hands on a Raging Circuit Judge that would be awesome. The Raging Judge shoots 45LC, 410 and the impressive 454 Casull.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are just shooting 410 shot shells the judge has low recoil and the shot spreads so much that your not gonna kill anything beyond 8ft. I have shot 410 #6's thru the judge 20 yds from a bank and the spread pattern is somewhere in the a area of 20 ft. Now if I could get my hands on a Raging Circuit Judge that would be awesome. The Raging Judge shoots 45LC, 410 and the impressive 454 Casull.

Latest posts

Top Bottom