Revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a 642 or LCR. The Taurus and Charter Arms come in 3 and 4. Practice with the lightest loads you can find. For carry loads, use +P ammo. Trust me, in a gunfight you won't feel the recoil, see the flash or know how many rounds you fired.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Almost every revolver I've ever owned was a S&W. I had a Dan Wesson for a while and it was okay, but I was never completely comfortable with getting the barrel installed with the right gap, and it had light primer strikes in double action occasionally. It wasn't any more accurate than any Smith, and that was the big marketing point at the time. Sold it and bought a S&W 586. Had a Taurus .22 magnum for about a month, but a friend wanted it so I sold it to him and upgraded to a S&W 351PD.

I'd love to have a Colt revolver, but they're pricey.

I have nothing against Ruger for something not too expensive, and dependable.

I'd trust my life to a Taurus only if I HAD to, but I'd much rather have a S&W, Colt, or Ruger probably in that order. S&W J frame should be concealable and more than adequate. The ultra-lite models in .38 spl or bigger will sure make you hope you NEVER have to fire it... jus' sayin'.

I'd love to try out a Korth revolver, but I don't really ever expect to spend that much money on one gun. If I did, it would probably have to be a Python.

The ultra lite snubbys are manageable with the right grips. My 340 M&P has Crimson Trace grips that have a small soft rubber area right below the top of the back strap. You can even shoot it from your pocket if you had to.

The 2 1/2 inch 66 listed for sale here recently would be my pick for defensive revolver although a small 9mm semi auto is what I carry most often now. Usually a Glock 43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The ultra lite snubbys are manageable with the right grips. My 340 M&P has Crimson Trace grips that have a small soft rubber area right below the top of the back strap. You can even shoot it from your pocket if you had to.

The 2 1/2 inch 66 listed for sale here recently would be my pick for defensive revolver although a small 9mm semi auto is what I carry most often now. Usually a Glock 43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I keep hearing that the CT grips are nice and IMO the laser is not a bad thing for a snubby.

I sometimes carry my Shield 9 as backup for my 640.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom