RIA tcm22/9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is becoming a real itch but before I scratch what say you about this pistol. Talk me out of or into this platform. Real life experiences will have an edge but pithy opinions are welcome.
Thanks

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard the call too. Even found a used RIA 9mm/22TCM at a very reasonable price. But the .22TCM ammo is right up there with 5.7x28 - OK, a bit cheaper - but I wound up passing on it for now. Keep an eye out for a deal on a used RIA 9mm/22TCM, the low demand = low price.
I think I'd rather have it over the 5.7x28 because it's not as long so it'll go into a handgun with a shorter for/aft grip measurement, is a bit more powerful and if you have time on your hands you can make your own cases and reload, though you have to be very, very careful with your loads.
I got KelTec PMR-30 to satisfy my .22 flash/bang craving.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this is becoming a real itch but before I scratch what say you about this pistol. Talk me out of or into this platform. Real life experiences will have an edge but pithy opinions are welcome.
Thanks
I got the chance to shoot one at the Frisco Gun Club in TX. I only fired the .22 TCM and the owner told me he only shot the 9mm one time. It is a lot like the .22 mag but a centerfire. It is on my purchase list just have not found the right deal. I say go for it.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shot one at the ENS at Tri-City this past year, if you are into the whole make the brass thing and reloading then it would be fun. Jen really liked it, but has yet to find one for the price she is willing to pay. I have a 5.7x28 and sold a PMR-30 .22WMR, personally I would rather have the .22 TCM as it does not feel like a cheaply made pistol (the 5.7 and PMR feel cheap to me) and the 2 different rounds makes it practical for more than one purpose. I can attest that the round was accurate and fun, the 40gr .22 TCM @2800FPS is impressive compared to the 5.7x28 23gr @2800FPS, the energy of the .22 TCM is better than 30 percent more for the aforementioned rounds @ 626 FT LBS V.S. 400 FT LBS.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one seems to be talking PersonofInterest out of buying one. Instead, now I'm thinking that I wished I'd taken the deal on the used one. I kinda wish it was 22 TCM/38 Super as long as I was getting yet another caliber.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
9mm worked fine in mine. 22TCM, while fun to shoot, was an absolute pain in the butt. Rarely, and I do mean rarely, did I fire more than 1 magazine full of .22TCM ammo without one or more malfunctions. Generally, it would leave a fired case in the chamber. Sometimes this required a cleaning rod thrust down the barrel to unseat the fired case. Once, it required the pistol to be placed with the nose of the slide on the edge of the bench, then a sharp downward blow with the palm of the hand on the grip frame to open the gun. Two things flew out--the fired case, and the primer. Over pressure cartridge? Likely, though it was factory ammo. Mine was one of the early guns, with two different extractors. Neither one worked well with the .22TCM; either one will work with the 9mm round.

Last edited:

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I have had one since they came out, don't remember what I paid but it was a lot less than what they go for now. It's still in the box never fired like a few others I don't have time to shoot. Was wanting to get the rifle to go with it but they have gone up in price also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom