Rib Crib

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe this thread is 7 pages long. I don't know good BBQ I guess. It all tastes the same to me. I don't eat it very often, but when I do it's the deep fried BBQ burritos you get in the hot boxes at old gas stations. Only place I have had BBQ that was memorable to me is Moonlight BBQ in Owensboro Kentucky.

Now if this were a thread on the best chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes I could get into that and take notes. I will drive across the Midwest for good chicken fry.

Better come to lakeside restaurant in Ponca. A full order chicken fry is 12” across with all the sides. Made and breaded right there.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Main Street BBQ in Durant is fantastic if you're ever in the area. Little shop in the downtown area. I eat there every time I'm in that area, and have NEVER had anything but a fantastic plate of food.

Legend

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I ate at Rib Crib twice. First time it sucked. Gave it a second chance and it sucked. Both times it was over-priced and the portions were marginal to small. To date I haven’t been back.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some may like the place but this is just my own personal experience so take it for what's it worth.

A couple years back I was out running errands around noon and my belly started growling so since I was close I figured I stop at Rudy's BBQ at Hwy. 9 and Chautauqua in Norman for a brisket sandwich to go.....it was my first (and last) time eating anything from there.

I got back to the pickup and took a bite before pulling out and without a doubt it was the worst tasting BBQ brisket I'd ever put in my mouth.......I got out of the pickup, walked over to the fuel island and spat the bite I had in my mouth into the trash can and tossed the rest of the sandwich in behind it.

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There food tastes like ass!

Everything I've ever tried there is nasty and today was no exception.

I had a gift card in my wallet from last Christmas so I thought I would use it to get some dinner.

It's been a couple of years since I ate there so I decided to chance it. Bad decision.
I am sitting in an Oklahoma Joes BBQ , and their food is disgusting..... I can get better ribs out of a package. Holy Shiznit even the okra os bad and it was once the best I had ever tried. I will not be back the last 3 times i have been here it has been going down hill. NEVER AGAIN!

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rib Crib sucks monkey chunks! They charge way too much for a "meh" meal, but I can say the same for most joints like that. For BBQ, I like JL's between Pryor & Chouteau.

Latest posts

Top Bottom