Richard’s Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you “old-timers” from the OKC area remember Richard’s Gun Shop? The husband of a friend of ours passed away a couple of weeks ago, and she asked me to get rid of “some stuff” she found. This label is on an Firearms International Corp percussion cap rifle. It’s not in too bad of shape. The hammer will not stay cocked, but so far that seems to be the only issue with it. What little I have found in a quick search is that FIC was an importer in Wash DC and was purchased by Garcial Sporting Goods around 1970.

I was surprised to see this label in such good condition.

There is also a Daisy Model 1894 that seems to be in working condition. Both of these will be for sale in a day or so after I can get some reasonable valuation information.

There is also a wooden box with a few pieces of brass, a couple of boxes of rifle ammo, some 22 shorts and longs, and a Skippy peanut butter jar of shotgun pellets, and another jar of unmarked powder. No sign of any reloading equipment, and the wife (long story) did not think that he was ever into reloading.

What folks leave behind can often be an interesting mystery.

Attachments

• 615F61F2-0106-4FB9-809E-49E280D594DC.jpeg
    615F61F2-0106-4FB9-809E-49E280D594DC.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 39

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s definitely interesting. My grandfather had some interesting baubles the he must have collected and kept his whole life. Pins from sports he played growing up, cuff links, golf trinkets, lighters, AA coins, and car dealership giveaways. I have no idea why he kept some of those things.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found the obit for the owner. Sounds like he lived a full life.
RICHARD LEE
1947 - 2015

March 23, 1947 - December 31, 2015 COOKEVILLE, TN Richard C. "Rick" Lee (formerly from Yukon, OK) - A Memorial Service will be held Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016, at 10 a.m. at Resurrection Lutheran Church in Yukon, OK with Pastor Alan Fox officiating. Visitation will follow the service. Rick Lee, age 68, passed away peacefully in his sleep on Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015, after enduring numerous health problems. He was born at the Navajo Ordnance Depot in Flagstaff, AZ on March 23, 1947, to Avery W. and E. Marie (Woodworth) Cabbiness. His family soon moved to Oklahoma. As a child, he was adopted by Roy Stewart, and a few years later by John R. Lee when his mother remarried. Rick attended Putnam City High School in Oklahoma City. He married Pamela Streck in 1964 and had three sons. Rick enlisted in the Marine Corps and served three and a half tours in Vietnam as an officer. Rick enjoyed his work as a firefighter for Warr Acres, OK for several years and also owned and operated Richard's Gun Shop in Oklahoma. He was later employed by American Impacts and then by BAF Industries, setting up programs for polishing and restoring vehicle exteriors. Later, he worked a short time for Safety-Kleen in OKC. Rick married Regina Anne (Swingen) Lee on his birthday in 1984. They were active members of Resurrection Lutheran Church in Yukon, OK, and it gave him great pleasure to work with their youth group. He followed Regina to Tennessee in 1993 when she accepted a job as faculty librarian at Tennessee Technological University. He was a member of Heavenly Host Lutheran Church in Cookeville, TN. Rick continued to do leatherwork for many years at home. Enjoying the outdoors with camping, hunting, canoeing, fishing and hiking were some of his passions. After experiencing many health issues and mobility difficulties, he enjoyed traveling and watching wildlife, especially the birds in his backyard. He was comforted and loved by his Husky dog, Snickerdoodle, the past 12 years. Survivors include his wife, of the home; three sons and their families, Michael Brandon (Shannon) Lee, Andrew John Lee I, and Richard Martin (Elke) Lee, all of Oklahoma; four grandchildren, of Oklahoma, Tyler Jacob (Amanda) Lee, Andrew John "AJ" Lee, Chandler Louis Lee, and Rebecca Elaine Lee; one great-grandson, Kayden Michael Lee; sister, Sherry Raina (Stan Wise) Park, and nephew, Michael Allen (Kim) Park, of Oklahoma; aunt, Wanda Ann "Jenna" Brajdic, of Miami; and two step-nieces, Christina Townsend and Alesha Powers. He was preceded in death by his parents; grandparents, Mary Ollie (Lester) and Alvin Orvil Woodworth and James Roland and Mary Elizabeth (Jackson) Cabbiness; two infant grandchildren, Bradley Martin Lee and Victoria Diane Lee; uncles, Allen Woodworth, Clarence Woodworth, Wilbur Orville (Delores) Woodworth; and aunt, Edith (Billy) Woods. A special thank-you to Home Instead Senior Care - Cookeville, especially Kelly Lachenmeyer for her outstanding care. In lieu of flowers, please consider one of the following memorials: Cookeville-Putnam County (TN) (www.cookeville-tn.gov/animalshelter); Paws For Veterans Inc. (www.paws4veterans.com); or Wounded Warrior Project (www.woundedwarriorproject.org).

Latest posts

Top Bottom