Riding Mower or Zero Turn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do not waste money on a rider. I can’t belive they are still made. Zero turns are amazing. I wouldn’t use anything else.

Me too, but I have lots of trees and farm implements to mow around.
If one just has a square yard with no obstacles to get around, the riders would be ok if they had the same ground speed as a ztr.
It would take an hour, with drilling a couple of holes and some minor welding to mount a hitch on my ztr to pull a trailer, etc if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've already got a nice walk behind self propelled with a 23'' deck on it. Its a beast of a mower. Based on all the responses, looks like it really comes down to personal preference. I think i'm gonna just have to see how it goes pushing it this year and go from there. Lord knows I need the exercise!
Is it self propelled or a push mower?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based on my experience with riding lawnmowers, I wold recommend buying a used (that's all they have-they quit making them) Honda Garden Tractor 4514. I've had the same one since 1998, mowed acres of weeds and grass, moved and took it to my new home and still using it and this is 2017! Try a Murray and see if it lasts that long! I recently adjusted the valves, put a new timing belt and water pump on the motor and she starts right up without hesitation. They were expensive in their day around $3,800-sometimes more but one can buy a good used one with snow plow, blade for dozing for around $1,000 on Craigslist. People buy them and keep them, their collector's items now and a source of pride for some.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll stick with my 1960's Cub Cadet 122 garden tractor with a 48" deck under it. Its cheap, reliable and neat as heck.
As seen from Google Maps as we were cleaning out the garage :D

Capture.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom