Rifle Cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys that have never tried WipeOut bore cleaner are missing out!! It is a foam, looks like shaving cream, you fill the bore and walk away.......I usually leave it in at least 30 minutes and have left it overnight lots of times, no brushing......don't try that with Sweets or any other ammonia type copper removers, you will damage your barrel!!

Not connected in any way, just a very satisfied customer.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not used WipeOut.
I have been using Gunslick pro Foaming bore cleaner.. I need to do about 4 aplications to get all the copper and crud out but it does work fine.
Other manufacturers have foaming bore cleaners like M-pro7 and Break Free.. I have not used those either..read the label
on the cleaners as some will hurt aluminum and steel coatings and harm plastics.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JMO, I think that the (one shot/clean/one shot) method may benefit commercial barrels. Commercial barrels are rough compared to high quality barrels. With any new commercial produced barrel the ability to polish/smooth/deburr/ any imperfections in the rifling before any copper gets embedded anywhere can be done easier when new. So whether it helps or not, with proper bore guide protection it can be done much easier when its new. I don't have enough experience other than the several Ive done the (one shot/clean/one shot) method with. No way to tell for sure if mine are more accurate or consistent from it. One thing I can for sure say is that those that got the one shot method for 20 shots then 5 shots then 3 shots are much easier to clean. One commercial barrel in particular was a Marlin XS7 in 243 Win that when I first cleaned it before shooting, the barrel was like it had fired a couple boxes. So when I cleaned it after first shot break-in procedure it was like cleaning a barrel that had been shot couple boxes again, this went on for several shots and then got easier to get clean at the end of the break-in procedure. This Marlin is the only gun i have that has not benefited much from hand loading. It does 100 yd. 3 shot with cold barrel in the .3-.5 range often with factory Win 243 100 gr load.

Latest posts

Top Bottom