Rifle next to a pistol lane?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was shooting at Big Boys yesterday and the lane next to me was shooting pistol as well. As I was reloading and preparing to shoot a BLAST from the next lane made me step back. They had pulled out an ar and it was setting bipod with the muzzel extended past the front of the divided partitions. My ears are still ringing. I packed up early and told the front desk help what had happened. I've always seen ranges put rifles together and the range was 1/2 full at best. Question, is this the way it is everywhere?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What ear protection were you using? I've had the same thing with a fully auto next to me but I adjusted to it. If I was too bothered I would just asked to be moved.
If it's a busy day, just tell them you don't want to be by rifles. Big Boys is a great place to shoot with nice people.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a guy with an AR pistol chase off both of his neighbors at the old (small indoor) Heartland range. It happens.

I was at the old Heartland once for one of the matches. I was RO'ing a guy shooting a carbine with a Rolling Thunder Comp on it. Even with plugs under muffs it was so loud in that area that it was very uncomfortable.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
At 2A people shoot rifles and pistols side-by-side all day every day. At least, that's what I've seen. It's never bothered me. My AR with the Ranier (I think?) comp on it draws a lot of attention. For some reason people think I'm shooting something like .50 Beowulf or .458 or something.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah it seems to be pretty standard at indoor ranges to have people shooting pistol and rifle side by side. A lot of people go down with more than one gun in tow and especially if it is a busy day it's hard to keep shifting people around. And the small ranges just don't have the room for separate area's.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
People go to the range with just one gun? I mean... ANYbody? Somebody actually does that??? lol

Hell, I usually end up with 4 or 5 and sometimes as many as 8 or 10. I don't think I've EVER gone with a single gun, hell, probably never gone with less than 3. lol

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have went with None.
I went to my buddies 75 miles away and forgot my Bolt for the .308.
I took reloading stuff there once (again 75 miles one way) going to do a brass fail test and accuracy test at 200 yards.
I had the wrong shell holder!!! Another time I forgot to get the primer seater..I used a wooden pencil and block of wood on that trip. day saved.

No noise but the noise I made.
I don't really care for indoor ranges. could be the money and rules.. I like shooting milk jugs and cans.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When there's somebody with a loud gun next to me at the range, at first is startles me, but then I figure I need to try concentrating and shooting with that going on, so I get back at it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom