Rifle question, If I could only buy one, opinions please....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been researching things going to rebarrel a savage. I am looking hard at the 6.5 swede proven hunting round, decent long range shooter in 6.5.

The 6.5x55 Swede is an outstanding platform with maybe one misgiving; long action. Personally, that doesn't bother me. You have a great source for brass (Lapua), high BC bullets, and recoil is easily managed by an experienced shooter. If you reload you can push 140gr bullets over 2,900fps. With the right set up, the 6.5x55 is a very capable long range weapon system and will harvest game way over yonder.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter- in-law went shooting with me a couple days ago. I let her play with the 45acp pistol and she was knocking down
bowling pins and having fun.. then i gave her my 45acp carbine and she liked that but could not miss with either gun.
Too easy and I noticed she was getting board si I told her to scoot back to 50 yards.. she did and standing was how she was shooting.
She missed 2 times ,, I told her lean against the stack of tires to steady yourself.. she started laying them down again.. lost interest as it was easy.

I handed her my 30-06 100atr 4-16x40 scope.. cranked it to 4 power and had her back at 50 yards standing..She is a big girl and can take it.

She pulled the trigger her ear protection fell off her head from the recoil and the bowling pin fell and she got excited and said OH YEA! I like that.
I showed her how to chamber another round and she shot it 2 more times before it started pouring down rain.. she ran for the car.

She may be a recoil junkie,, as she stated she wants to shoot a deer with that 30-06.
gotta love a 30-06

Latest posts

Top Bottom