Rifle Scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a scope that would be good between 25 and 100yds. I have 250 bucks to spend. My rifle will accept up to a 50 mm objective. I have been looking at Vortex and Nikon. Any suggestions?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty much any scope should be fine at that distance.

Nikon and Vortex both make very good scopes, well within your price range. You can get a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9 for $130 or less that is a good "entry level" scope. Vortex has an extremely good warranty, basically if anything happens to it for life they'll fix it, and from what I hear their customer service is pretty good, so it's not an empty promise.

Natchez Shooters Supply carries quite a few refurbished Nikon scopes at good prices, but the warranty is not as good. Optics Planet usually has good deals too.

I bought a Leupold scope for $170 several months ago that has been pretty good, but I'd have to do some checking to remember exactly what and where I got it.

It really depends on exactly what you need it for, but even the "name brand" scope manufacturers offer something for pretty much less than $200 that would be good quality. For $175 to $250 you can probably get into the second tier, quality wise of most lines.

If you're talking about tactical scopes, red dots, reflex sights, etc. my answers would change somewhat, except Vortex makes those as well and they seem to be pretty decent.

SIROP01

New to the site!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a scope that would be good between 25 and 100yds. I have 250 bucks to spend. My rifle will accept up to a 50 mm objective. I have been looking at Vortex and Nikon. Any suggestions?
My friend has put on a Remington Swift 4-12x50. He says it's good. But you didn’t think of an ATN scope with night vision and ultra-modern optics? It's incredibly good, an evolution in technology! It is really hard to make a choice nowadays because of one over-marketing of products. But still, I think you should try an ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 3-14X. It's incredibly good, an evolution in technology! I bought it from this web page https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight if you are interested. There you will find several scopes starting with those with night vision, ultra-modern sensors, ultra-modern optics, and so on. But the most amazing attribute is the fact that you can connect via Bluetooth and adjust the latitude and degrees from the optics. In short, it`s incredible.

Last edited:

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be looking for a scout scope for your big boy. Leupold vx-freedom scout, burris scout, vortex crossfire ii 2-7, etc...

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two Nikon scopes that I am very happy with,,,
But, I read that Nikon is getting out of the rifle-scope business.

Just for that reason I would go with a Vortex scope.

Aarond

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 4 power cheapee and save the rest to maybe buy a box of ammo. J/K
I started looking for a couple scopes this week and got sticker shock!

Latest posts

Top Bottom