Rifle/shooting club for students

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there's a large portion of the next generation that are simply not familiar with firearms and the safe handling of them. To that effect, I am looking forward to beginning a shooting/marksmanship club at OU. In the very beginning of the planning stages right now, but I'm certain that in order to pitch this to the university to be allowed to even advertise on campus I would of course need to find a certified instructor. So my question are there any NRA certified instructors in the Oklahoma or Cleveland county areas that would be willing to donate their time to teach some poor college kids at OU how to shoot in order to get the next generation involved now. If there are already programs like this that exist please point me in that direction.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I think there's a large portion of the next generation that are simply not familiar with firearms and the safe handling of them. To that effect, I am looking forward to beginning a shooting/marksmanship club at OU. In the very beginning of the planning stages right now, but I'm certain that in order to pitch this to the university to be allowed to even advertise on campus I would of course need to find a certified instructor. So my question are there any NRA certified instructors in the Oklahoma or Cleveland county areas that would be willing to donate their time to teach some poor college kids at OU how to shoot in order to get the next generation involved now. If there are already programs like this that exist please point me in that direction.

Are you familiar with Project Appleseed?

[video=youtube_share;rsuO7d7yUxs]http://youtu.be/rsuO7d7yUxs[/video]

I'd be willing to bet the RWVA would step up and help out.

Learn to shoot and get a lesson in American history. It sounds like the perfect match for your student group to me.

The state RWVA Project Appleseed shoot boss is on OSA. Henschman is his forum name, you should hit him up about this in a PM, if you think you might be interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom