Rifle team gets thousands in donations after NRA grant nixed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Officials say a Pennsylvania high school rifle team has received thousands of dollars in donations since the school board refused a grant from the National Rifle Association.

The (Allentown) Morning Call reports that businesses unhappy with the decision by the Stroudsburg Area School Board raised $6,750 and turned it over to the district Wednesday for the Stroudsburg High School rifle team.

Meanwhile, a GoFundMe campaign that Democratic state Rep. Maureen Maddenhad started Monday night had reached more than $5,200 Wednesday, passing its $4,730 goal, the amount of the NRA grant.

The board voted 6-2 against accepting the NRA grant, which was intended to replace outdated equipment.

———

Information from: The Morning Call, http://www.mcall.com

So, to those that say what has the NRA done for me, I'd like to add to this discussion that the Friends of the NRA banquets that some of us attend annually contribute money to local shooting teams like this one in Pennsylvania.
Closer to home, and just in my town, our local range sponsors the Youth shooting league that teaches youth that have never shot a gun or shot little to become pretty proficient target shooters. The NRA provides through grants Ammo, targets, Guns and equipment like shooting jackets and mats.
Here is one of the recent rifles they bought for us, and there is another in the works to replace some of the outdated and worn rifles currently being used.
upload_2018-3-28_22-56-40.png

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great job and super nice Rifle. I've wanted one forever.. I had to settle for a Marlin Model 2000 Biathlon.

ANSCHÜTZ 1903 Target

MSRP: $1449.00
Caliber: .22lr
System: Single shot 64 action, 5098 two-stage trigger, blued barrel and receiver.
Weight: 9 lbs, 7 oz.
Barrel Length: 25.9" Heavy barrel with 11mm front sight dovetail.
Magazine Capacity: NA - Single Shot
Stock Style: Adjustable walnut target stock.
Item Number: 000271
Delivered With: Hand stop 6226, screw driver, hex key, manual with test target
*sights not included.

Latest posts

Top Bottom