riflesmith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideofbarn1950

New to the site!
Reaction score
Have Henry 22mag and haven't fired since bought 4 yrs ago with 50 round box (40 grain), thought I should test it again and 5 shots then on 6th misfire, ejected and misfire on next round also. Henry manual recommended having gunsmith check out rifle. Saw one post from a riflesmith in bixby but I live in rural area near shawnee. Do you know how to searcch for gunsmith in local areas (40 mi radius). Would some instructions about handling lever action. Thanks for any help.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a possible ejector spring, ejector, or maybe a lube is in order? Can you move the ejector lever back and forth with the tip of a screwdriver when the action is opened? It will be pretty stiff, but should move to the outside.
Brand new rifle, or was it used when you bought it?
I have my Henry .22 mag lever gun on the counter right now to answer questions, or produce some pics if needed.

Welcome to OSA!
I'm going to move your thread into the gunsmith forum. You will get a lot more help from there vs the private help forum.

Last edited:

sideofbarn1950

New to the site!
Reaction score
Sounds like a possible ejector spring, ejector, or maybe a lube is in order? Can you move the ejector lever back and forth with the tip of a screwdriver when the action is opened? It will be pretty stiff, but should move to the outside.
Brand new rifle, or was it used when you bought it?
I have my Henry .22 mag lever gun on the counter right now to answer questions, or produce some pics if needed.

Welcome to OSA!
I'm going to move your thread into the gunsmith forum. You will get a lot more help from there vs the private help forum.
Thanks for your reply and it is used, I try the cleaning first since didn't do so when I brought it out of mothballs. Didn't see that forum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom