Rijas Services AR-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like Rijas Services is in good with Black Rain... The main old man told a good friend of mine this weekend at the gun show that they did not have any barrels is the big gun show a few weeks ago and he went down to Black Rain and got with the owner and the 2 of them loaded up some tooling and made a lot of barrels for them to take to the gun show... Funny I am not sure but read that Black Hole Weaponry made the barrels for Black Rain...

Then at some other show the owner let anther one of my friends know that he was the only one that could buy from Black Rain right now. They will not sale to any one but Rijas...

Funny thing when I called Black Rain, they pointed me to www.firearms4less.com for all my AR needs.

Sounds like typical Rijas malarkey to me.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the OKC show today and stopped by the Rijas table. Girl said they manufacture all their weapons. Saw a 308 AR style rifle with an Armalite lower. An older gentleman (I think the owner) guaranteed the gun would shoot 1/2 MOA at 1,000 yards. Told me it would outshoot my Larue OBR. Didn't notice the color of his eyes but they better be brown. He was full of it.

Last edited:

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be considered a manufacturer do you need to actually manufacturer something in house? Or is assembler and manufacturer one in the same within the gun industry or more specifically the AR platform?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be considered a manufacturer do you need to actually manufacturer something in house? Or is assembler and manufacturer one in the same within the gun industry or more specifically the AR platform?

There is no such thing as an "assemblers license", so those who buy AR lowers and other parts and assemble complete weapons for sale have to have the same type of manufacturing license as a legitimate manufacturer such as Colt.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ATF views any weapon where an FFL does as little as pinning the upper to the lower as a manufacturer. That weapon now has to be entered into the FFL's manufacture book with that FFL as the manufacturer, and have the new the FFL's name, city and state engraved on the firearms. It must be no less than 1/16" in height and no less than 0.003" deep. Most of the time laser engraving does not get that deep. A 'FFL 07 (manufacturer)' can manufacture 49 firearms a year and not have to pay an excise tax, when he hits 50 he has to pay that tax on all 50 and over. Hope this clarifies questions in this matter. This information should be no mystery to FFLs, because it is in the ATF FFL book that all FFL's should have.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My major point was 1/2 MOA at 1000 yards. I don't believe there is a rifle in existence that is that accurate. Certainly not a semi. I have a 20" LWRC R.E.P.R.that can't pull that off. The man was full of s--t. A f---ing bolt gun will not group that well. 1/2 MOA at 100 yards is damn fine accuracy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom