Rimfire balloon match at Wilshire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone here shot this match?
Sounds like a fun, not too serious, match for the wife and I. (newbies to competitions) We have other obligations Wednesday evenings, but maybe come summer it will still be offered.

Rimfire Team Match
Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Rimfire Team Balloon Shoot Rules and Regs
Each team will be comprised of 2 shooters.
Each team must inflate their own balloons.
Each team will be comprised of one rifle and one pistol.
One firearm on each team may have an optical sight.
All balloons must be hit to register a score.
Score will be time to the last shot fired.
No alibis will be allowed. If you have a malfunction, fix it and finish.
Starting position will be both shooters standing at the firing line, firearms loaded, muzzles touching the bench.
$15.00
The target array will be 12 balloons at 25 yards. Scoring will be time only, fastest run wins.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So is it a race to inflate the balloons, tie them, then run back 25 yards then load and shoot?
Or pre fill and place balloons so targets are set and we just stand at 25 yards and wait for the buzzer?

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So is it a race to inflate the balloons, tie them, then run back 25 yards then load and shoot?
Or pre fill and place balloons so targets are set and we just stand at 25 yards and wait for the buzzer?
The first option would make sense to me since it stated that shooters inflate their own balloons, but I'm not sure. Less time spent blowing means smaller targets to hit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom