"Rimfire Jamboree" Eat and Shoot: Sunday Feb 2nd 10:00 AM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out today for the Groundhog Day Rimfire Jamboree; we had over 30 people! As @bigred1 said above, OSA practically owned the joint today! We also had several members bring their wives/girlfriends and a couple of guests who may join OSA now. Good stuff!

- Catt57 won the Scoped Rifle Competition, (proving that there is a considerable amount of luck involved in shooting, as well as skill)
- ScottB42 won the Iron Sights Category, (barely edging me out by a mere 1/32 of an inch! (There's that luck thing again, dang it)

Grampa BlackRifle, his son BlackRifle's Boy and BlackRifle Jr, (@BlackRiflesBoy son) came out today. The youngest of the BlackRifle Clan, a lad of a mere 8 years, won the Junior Division, and quite handily I might add. He is an aspiring young shooter who would have actually placed quite well in the Adult Division had he so chosen to enter.

And @pstmstr was a huge help to me running the Iron Sight Bench, and @okierider was likewise quite the good RO in helping out @mightymouse with the Scoped Rifle Shoot.

This ENS was a lot of fun, I thought, although it was very crowded in there, we made it work. I sure enjoyed meeting some new faces and seeing some of ya'll from previous outings we've had. To me anyway, these things are golden in terms of making OSA a tighter community. I mean; how can you not enjoy shooting other people's guns, and guns you maybe haven't shot before with people who you may have only known by a screen name until one of these? After shooting, a bunch of us adjourned to Del Rancho and they comped everyone's drink! How cool is that?

One last thing; as I was leaving, both the RSO and the Range Owner, Mike Blackwell commented to me about how good the OSA group was there and how smoothly things went and asked me to thank everybody.

So...thanks. We gotta keep doing things like this. Today would have been perfect to be outside, so @okierider, let's keep working on that Outdoor Long Range ENS that you started planning here awhile back. C'mon Spring Time! I'll be your General Helper for that one, to pay you back for your helping us out today.
@druryj , The Blackrifle clan, all 3 generations of us had a great time and it was a perfect event for my son to shoot for the very first time. I dont know how many other kids (if any) shot in the little competition you set up for us all, but my son was far more excited to win the jr. division than he let on. I'd like to thank other members too that let him try out some other guns as well and made his very first range day memorable. As always, I had a great time and can't wait for the next one!

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How would y'all feel about Junior coming with me? He's a better shot than me and he has "claimed" most of my 22s, and plus he turns 10 Feb 9 so it may be a good birthday present for him...
Photo was April 2017, and I need some new range photos of him for the wall anyways.
19f10433adcce3785fb1772313b5f156.jpg
I brought my son, who is 8 and that made 3 generations of us there today. I got a chance to see your son shooting when we went to look around in the other bank of lanes, he is a good shot! It's good to see kids enjoying the shooting sports in a fun safe environment. Hope ya'll had as much fun as we did!

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a great time. It was good to meet so many of you guys, some for the first time. Thanks to @okierider for babysitting the 452 and for running the scoped rifle competition while I was otherwise occupied. Thanks to @druryj for making this thing happen, and thanks to everyone who showed up for the Rimfire Jamboree.

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for putting this together! And a big thanks for everyone's generosity, I got some trigger time on a bunch of slick rifles and pistols. A gill gun, a couple of tack-driving bolt rifles, a Glock 44, an actual 1940 (?) Luger pistol, 22Mag NAA micro revolver, and several more that my swiss-cheese memory has already dropped.

My own wares were a little more pedestrian, but I hope everybody who wanted to shoot them had an opportunity. This was my first chance to use my 22Mag PMR30 at an indoor range, if I'd been thinking ahead I would have had my camera at the ready whenever somebody stepped up to shoot it. Every single one of you who fired it turned around and looked back at me after that first shot, with either a s**t-eating grin or a look of horror. The fireball that comes out of that muzzle indoors is pretty epic.

Was also great to put some faces to the screen names. As you can see *my* profile photo is a pretty close likeness of me, but most of you don't look anything like yours...

- ScottB42 won the Iron Sights Category, (barely edging me out by a mere 1/32 of an inch! (There's that luck thing again, dang it)
I am trying so hard to keep this from going to my head. ;)
Though I'm thinking that luck had a LOT to do with it.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My girlfriend had a great time today! Today was actually her first time ever to shoot. She shot one round, then had to put the gun down because she was so excited and had to step back and relax a minute. But after about 50 rounds, she started getting a very nice group for a first time shooter. In spite of being cross-eyed dominant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom