"Rimfire Jamboree" Eat and Shoot: Sunday Feb 2nd 10:00 AM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What prize do I win for appearing to be in a ridiculous amount of pictures? Haha
Cus I know I didn't win the iron sights challenge

The thanks of the many?

I was trying to get a decent picture of your son but you kept getting in the way. LOL

I saw him push poor young CutBait Jr. away and jump in front of the camera a couple times.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was trying to get a decent picture of your son but you kept getting in the way. LOL
Every time I was out of eyeshot I'm pretty sure he swung the cylinder shut like some sort of cowboy or something. Wonder where he learned that. Durn video games. [emoji849]

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out today for the Groundhog Day Rimfire Jamboree; we had over 30 people! As @bigred1 said above, OSA practically owned the joint today! We also had several members bring their wives/girlfriends and a couple of guests who may join OSA now. Good stuff!

- Catt57 won the Scoped Rifle Competition, (proving that there is a considerable amount of luck involved in shooting, as well as skill)
- ScottB42 won the Iron Sights Category, (barely edging me out by a mere 1/32 of an inch! (There's that luck thing again, dang it)

Grampa BlackRifle, his son BlackRifle's Boy and BlackRifle Jr, (@BlackRiflesBoy son) came out today. The youngest of the BlackRifle Clan, a lad of a mere 8 years, won the Junior Division, and quite handily I might add. He is an aspiring young shooter who would have actually placed quite well in the Adult Division had he so chosen to enter.

And @pstmstr was a huge help to me running the Iron Sight Bench, and @okierider was likewise quite the good RO in helping out @mightymouse with the Scoped Rifle Shoot.

This ENS was a lot of fun, I thought, although it was very crowded in there, we made it work. I sure enjoyed meeting some new faces and seeing some of ya'll from previous outings we've had. To me anyway, these things are golden in terms of making OSA a tighter community. I mean; how can you not enjoy shooting other people's guns, and guns you maybe haven't shot before with people who you may have only known by a screen name until one of these? After shooting, a bunch of us adjourned to Del Rancho and they comped everyone's drink! How cool is that?

One last thing; as I was leaving, both the RSO and the Range Owner, Mike Blackwell commented to me about how good the OSA group was there and how smoothly things went and asked me to thank everybody.

So...thanks. We gotta keep doing things like this. Today would have been perfect to be outside, so @okierider, let's keep working on that Outdoor Long Range ENS that you started planning here awhile back. C'mon Spring Time! I'll be your General Helper for that one, to pay you back for your helping us out today.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a great turn out. @mightymouse I loved that Anschutz you brought. And I forget who had the Luger. I've always wanted to shoot one of those. Thanks to all that made it for a great time.
The Anschutz had the smoothest trigger I've touched in a decade. And I second the Luger comment. That was just, hands down, flat out fun.

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a great time,although my Henry Big Boy was a Big Dud. Feeding problems. Oh well,off to the Henry factory to get looked at. Enjoyed putting faces with names,and seeing new people too. Everyone was so nice. Many thanks Joel for the kind words about my Grandson Carter. He had a blast and wants to go again. He was shootin' a 10/22,and now he wants to move up to a AR-15. I think his Dad and I have created a little monster. I'm glad things went safely.See you guys at the next one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom