Ring is the largest civilian surveillance network the US has ever seen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the key here is PD can request without a warrant. You do not necessarily have to grant without a warrant. What is the difference here than the camera and microphone on your phone, tablet or PC?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the key here is PD can request without a warrant. You do not necessarily have to grant without a warrant. What is the difference here than the camera and microphone on your phone, tablet or PC?

According to the article once a party opts into the law enforcement sharing arrangement they are in. I don't have one so not sure.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It looks like Ring users opt into some type of Neighbor program, that allows police to then blast out requests to areas for video footage. So you do apparently still have the right to decline. Interestingly, the article I was just reading was talking about facial recognition software they are testing on them. Too big brother for me.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea if it’s true or not, but I’ve heard Alexa and Siri can be used like this Ring deal. I guess I have Siri on my phone and/or iPad, but I’ve never used it. I don’t/won’t have Alexa or Ring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom