Ring is the largest civilian surveillance network the US has ever seen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used Ring in the past and it is by far (IMHO) the best, when it comes quality and reliability. If I can opt out of the access without my consent, I would consider using them again.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On your Ring app, go to Control Center—>Video Requests and toggle the button off - no one can get videos off your Ring devices without your permission.

D48BB514-8A3F-4608-AF2F-B823446C5611.png

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HA HA! so many suckas fell into the trap of cell phones and cameras on computers and electronic devices you can talk to
they even fell for the remote stuff on cars. Suckas.

Count me out of those groups with cell phones and new tech cameras on computers and all that jazz.

Back under my rock.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Ring system and love it. If you get anywhere near my front door I know and have an HD video of the action. I have a camera set up on my guitar collection too so I never have to wonder what my home office looks like while I’m gone. Same for my garage. I have no video in any part of the home that would be uncool etc. I know the second I have a delivery and more importantly when it’s someone who might be posing as a door to door salesman. I guarantee Edmond PD doesn’t care to watch my fat arse mowing which is 80% of the feed. More than anything I use it to see if I forgot to close one of my garage doors. You’d be surprised how many people come to my front door, see my doorbell camera and leave without knocking. That alone tells me it was a good investment. I save those videos just in case they might prove important.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HA HA! so many suckas fell into the trap of cell phones and cameras on computers and electronic devices you can talk to

Count me out of those groups with cell phones and new tech cameras on computers and all that jazz.

Back under my rock.
Ted Kaczynski may have had it right about technology..............only his methods were totally wrong in trying to warn people about the intrusiveness of technology in our lives.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ted Kaczynski may have had it right about technology..............only his methods were totally wrong in trying to warn people about the intrusiveness of technology in our lives.

I watched one of the documentaries on him on Netflix last night. He had a 167 IQ and a decent bit of what he wrote on the danger of tech seems pretty rational. But then he decides the best way forward would be to send mail bombs to more-or-less nobodies for almost 2 decades.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Back under my rock.
Whooah don't get me started on big brother and their communistic views on invading your privacy and driving habits.
Progressive has their dongle you attach to the diagnostic port on the car and it reports to the insurance company the truth about your last accident that wasn't your fault.

It's bad enough fleet vehicles have tattletales on them and your boss gets an email if you speed or break or accelerate too fast. You can't even have lunch at the strip joint anymore.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's bad enough fleet vehicles have tattletales on them and your boss gets an email if you speed or break or accelerate too fast. You can't even have lunch at the strip joint anymore.

I have a war story on that... When I sold cars many years ago we were missing one of our loaner cars along with it's dealer tag. It was made well known in the dealership that it was being sought. A couple months later it was spotted at a jiggly bar a few miles away. Upon investigation it was found to be in possession of the Service Department Manager's wife who was employed as a stripper there. He was looking for a job after that.

Before all that, one of the weirdest invitations I've ever had was from him. He invited a group of us to come with him to see his wife strip. He might have benefitted from that in more ways than one but that would have been just plain weird!

Carry on...

Latest posts

Top Bottom