Ringling Bros. circus to close after 146 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to one performance years ago in Kansas City. Quite the spectacle. Read recently they were going to retire all the elephants and go without them. That was a mainstay of the shows.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid my dad took me to the circus. It cost about a dollar to ride and elephant for about 2 minutes. I bet my dad spent $50 letting me ride the elephant, one of my best memories growing up. It brings tears to my eyes remembering my dad smiling and laughing at me having fun. Sad that kids are not going to share that experience with their dads. But, I don't guess it matters with all the baby-mamas out their. The world sure it improving.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They should look at a new business model ... take members of Congress and have them perform tricks.

Tricks like ... basic math, reading comprehension mixed in with jumping through hoops or showing that they can be coached to use their opposing thumb besides sticking it where the proverbial sun don't shine to do things like use a spoon to feed themselves.

Think about the circus ... The lights. The peanuts and popcorn. The smell of horseshit. Then think ... Who wouldn't enjoy watching Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, Liz Warren or Hank Johnson do math problems while Rush Limbaugh cracked a whip?

Or have Diane Feinstein, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Nancy Pelosi, and Barbara Boxer pull a train ... around the big top ... with Chuck Schumer, Little Dick Durbin and Anthony Weiner (priceless) in the back dressed like really happy as in really gay clowns.

Harry Reid would be a natural for playing the "Cyclops" that wrestles with a bear BUT they would not want a real bear (that is cruel) so they would have to use another "bear" ... Barney Frank to wrestle with Reid.

Little rebranding. Hell ... would work better to entertain more than their last election cycle.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember the circus fondly, having seen it as a kid several times and again as an adult, taking my kid.
The train stopped in Paducah when I was a kid, and we even went to watch the train unload and the tent go up.
We raised some animals, and I noticed how well the circus took care of its animals, buying top-grade feed.

The pathetic jerks at PETA either don't know or don't care that the remaining circus animals will die off and not be replaced in the US due to loss of funding. Maybe they want to close the zoos too and have us watch edited videos of animals and play video games?

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid my dad took me to the circus. It cost about a dollar to ride and elephant for about 2 minutes. I bet my dad spent $50 letting me ride the elephant, one of my best memories growing up. It brings tears to my eyes remembering my dad smiling and laughing at me having fun. Sad that kids are not going to share that experience with their dads. But, I don't guess it matters with all the baby-mamas out their. The world sure it improving.
Yep, I did it too, it was a thrill at 5years old. I guess you like me were abusing them by today's standards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom