RIP Ed Head

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I found out about some cousins I had never met. One of them was chatting on facebook with me telling me about herself. Her husband was Ed Head, an instructor at Gunsite and writer and field editor for Shooting Illustrated.

I just learned from his friend Rob of his passing. I have been wanting to meet him and Jean but My situation the past few years kept me from making the trip.

Since I learned he was family my bucket list was to attend a class at Gunsite that he instructed. I am sure that when I do he will be laughing at the Clem from heaven. Clem is a guy that thinks he knows how to shoot but has never been to Gunsite.

RIP

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Twas a sad deal, doesn't seem like he lasted long after his cancer find...I've never been to GS, but its on my bucket list as well...have bought quite a bit of leather goods from Rob, and have hung out with him and several other GS alumni on a few occasions, all great folks...sorry for your family's loss, seems Ed was definitely one of the good ones!

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twas a sad deal, doesn't seem like he lasted long after his cancer find...I've never been to GS, but its on my bucket list as well...have bought quite a bit of leather goods from Rob, and have hung out with him and several other GS alumni on a few occasions, all great folks...sorry for your family's loss, seems Ed was definitely one of the good ones!
He found out in May the he had late stage inoperable cancer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom