RIP G2 ammuniton..what is it with this stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XDnut

Marksman
Reaction score
Buddy of mine shot some today matter of fact. Said it works pretty well, although for the price, you can't beat the hollow point.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He said it works pretty well? What does that mean? That it went bang or did he do some scientific testing on its expansion and penetration?

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone bashing this ammo has obliviously only seen the price tag and not the ballistic gel testing. Its pretty wild looking stuff if you ask me. They have extremely consistent expansion and weight retention. They are even making them in 223 and 300 AAC now. Might be overpriced but that is just because it recently came to market and they have to recuperate some research and development costs.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen the independent ballistic testing and it's less than impressive when you understand what you're seeing...there is zero expansion and a bunch of shallow fragmentation. The largest piece that survives fragmentation is around 40 grains, and that 40 grain piece doesn't penetrate to commonly accepted depths for effective self defense loads. That just plain sucks.

Sure you aren't thinking of another round?

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is Marketing genius.

The bullet LOOKS sinister, which I think is what people are buying into...because test show that those little "petals" break apart and stay shallow with horrible penetration. The 40grain core (same as a .22) penetrates no better than a .22

Those guys that developed this round are laughing all the way to the Bank.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus that D-bag Craig "The Saw Man" Sawyer that RIP is paying to endose their products is the most annoying guy I have ever heard. His only comeback to everyone bashing the RIP round is that he is a ex operator so he knows more than everyone else when it comes to how badass this round is.

Edit.. I guess its "Sawman" not "The Saw Man"

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plus that D-bag Craig "The Saw Man" Sawyer that RIP is paying to endose their products is the most annoying guy I have ever heard. His only comeback to everyone bashing the RIP round is that he is a ex operator so he knows more than everyone else when it comes to how badass this round is.

I LOL at what some call "qualifications" to assess themselves as an "operator". Actually think the whole term should be abolished from the shooting world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom