RIP Guys and Gals At Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screenshot_20221214-163719.png

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He’s a good guy. He just wants his life back is all
Yeah, I hear the same thing from almost everyone that runs a business. "I had plenty of work to do and even some money, but I had no time to spend it or see my family". It can be a tough life. The wife and I run two companies now and we just hire out the time consuming parts and run the fun stuff ourselves. In my experience that's the only way to do it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched both my grandfathers (one owned a car dealership and the other a dairy farm) and my dad (owned a veterinary practice) work themselves to death, literally. After that I watched several attorneys (some partners or associates in large practices, and some sole practitioners) do the same thing.

The grocery store I work at now is owned by a family of 5. And there is ALWAYS something they are having to deal with. It's insane ... Work NEVER ends for a small business owner.

I like being able to clock out and go home. Every once in a while I toy with starting my owns business but then I come to my senses. Lol All you guys and gals out there who "do your thing" have my utmost respect.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched both my grandfathers (one owned a car dealership and the other a dairy farm) and my dad (owned a veterinary practice) work themselves to death, literally. After that I watched several attorneys (some partners or associates in large practices, and some sole practitioners) do the same thing.

The grocery store I work at now is owned by a family of 5. And there is ALWAYS something they are having to deal with. It's insane ... Work NEVER ends for a small business owner.

I like being able to clock out and go home. Every once in a while I toy with starting my owns business but then I come to my senses. Lol All you guys and gals out there who "do your thing" have my utmost respect.
I think there's a no-man's land for small businesses that a LOT of us find ourselves in. Big enough that it get's hard to do it all, but too small to be able to afford all the 'infrastructure' you need. I always half chuckle at the 'be your own boss' tag line. Yeah, doesn't feel that way very often.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steve had good prices, was a Blue Label Glock dealer and was on the North Side of Waterloo so 5.25% Sales Tax. I bought from him for about 4 years total. Started off decent place, recommended most women go there too. His wife was super nice and very relaxed around new women shooters/gun owners. Last couple of years, the CS went to hell.

You got the feeling he was burnt out. I know during the manufactured pandemic, the phone never stopped ringing when I was in there. He was pretty pissy with people. I gave up on the negativity every time I went in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom