RIP to one of our own

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to change my avatar for 30 days. I've never been in the military, so if there is anything inappropriate about what I've done, will someone please let me know?
This would embarrass him, but on the inside he would be Honored. Very kind and GREAT idea.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not going to go into too many details, but after Mary's death Joel had some demon's he was fighting. He identified his problems and got some help. As in all too often the case, with the holidays the Demons got stronger. Joel fell and hit his head and drown in his hot-tub. I am assuming this, but I am sure alcohol was involved.
Joel was truly my Brother, and this is breaking my heart. I met Joel off this site several years ago, and both of us being Marines there was an instant bond(I don't know why this is with Marines, but it is) After a bit he told me he was a Force Recon Marine, which I too with a grain of salt. After all since I've been out, I have met 75,000 Seals, 55,000 Snipers and 40,000 Recon Marines.lol My wife and I was invited to his house for a Christmas party. When I put our coats in on his bed, I turned around and setting on his dresser was a picture. It was a much younger version of him in his camies. Right there on his chest was a set of Jump Wings and his Scuba Helmet. He was THE REAL DEAL. He was the CO of Marine Barracks Rota Spain. He spent a year as the Attache to Cairo Egypt, and so much more. The E-n-S sound great, if I could suggest. Would it be possible to give it a few weeks and maybe include his Daughter, Son-n-Law and Grandson. I am pretty sure Mike at Big Boys would let us have a room and a Bay for us alone. All these kind words are so nice, and each of us would be SO Lucky to be thought so high of by so many Great Men and Women. Joel is my Brother, I Love and Miss him very much.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not going to go into too many details, but after Mary's death Joel had some demon's he was fighting. He identified his problems and got some help. As in all too often the case, with the holidays the Demons got stronger. Joel fell and hit his head and drown in his hot-tub. I am assuming this, but I am sure alcohol was involved.
Joel was truly my Brother, and this is breaking my heart. I met Joel off this site several years ago, and both of us being Marines there was an instant bond(I don't know why this is with Marines, but it is) After a bit he told me he was a Force Recon Marine, which I too with a grain of salt. After all since I've been out, I have met 75,000 Seals, 55,000 Snipers and 40,000 Recon Marines.lol My wife and I was invited to his house for a Christmas party. When I put our coats in on his bed, I turned around and setting on his dresser was a picture. It was a much younger version of him in his camies. Right there on his chest was a set of Jump Wings and his Scuba Helmet. He was THE REAL DEAL. He was the CO of Marine Barracks Rota Spain. He spent a year as the Attache to Cairo Egypt, and so much more. The E-n-S sound great, if I could suggest. Would it be possible to give it a few weeks and maybe include his Daughter, Son-n-Law and Grandson. I am pretty sure Mike at Big Boys would let us have a room and a Bay for us alone. All these kind words are so nice, and each of us would be SO Lucky to be thought so high of by so many Great Men and Women. Joel is my Brother, I Love and Miss him very much.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Many of us will miss him but I know you guys were very close.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.....if I could suggest. Would it be possible to give it a few weeks and maybe include his Daughter, Son-n-Law and Grandson. I am pretty sure Mike at Big Boys would let us have a room and a Bay for us alone.

Sounds like a fantastic idea. Whenever the family is ready say the word. 2 weeks, 2 months, or even 2 years from now. It needs to be done on their time, when they (and you) are ready.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, I thought you were biological brothers...

Latest posts

Top Bottom