RIP to one of our own

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, I thought you were biological brothers...
Some bonds are deeper than blood....

Many years ago, I was listening to Glenn Beck's radio show when he spoke of something that a special needs person (maybe his daughter) had said. He stated that she said something to the effect that there are families that are blood related, but there are also "families of the heart," meaning those that one has met, learned to love, and consider as family.

With that young lady's thoughts in mind, Joel was definitely a member of the "family of the heart" for those on this forum. Perhaps not everyone liked him, but I think most respected him.

JLB

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Extremely heartbreaking news. Had the honor of meeting him and shooting with him one time. He let me shoot a few of his walthers, and educated me a bit about them. Every time I see one now, I wander if he has the same one and wander what he thinks of it. Wonderful man and outstanding human. Will definitely miss his posts on here and very sad that I will not be able to gain any more knowledge from him.
Till we meet again, rest easy Sir.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to miss him........I was invited to his home in Yukon a while back to pickup a OSA cap....he was painting his entire home on the inside and was just about finished. I helped him hang a large mirror in his living room and remember how determined he was to get his project finished. He also helped me with a couple of gifts to fellow OSA members while keeping my name anonymous. I'm really going to miss him but know he's with his wife now in a better place. RIP Joel (druryj) you will be missed...!!!🙏🙏🙏
*************Till we meet again****************

Latest posts

Top Bottom