Rl 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure where to get RL19, but looking at burn rate charts IMR 4831 is close and is readily available; would that work for your application?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried Jerry's, no luck. I'll look at the IMR powder. My 270 WSM is the pickiest rifle I've ever loaded for.
Thanks

I've got one too and have everything to load for it except powder. RL19 seems to be the best choice and if your barrel is long enough Retumbo might work too. I've been looking for both for over a year.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you bought a pound to try it out.

I got burned like that once. Got 1lb of varget and the .308 loved 44gr behind 165gr bullet.
Then I ran out and got another pound.. 44gr load sucked terribly.. ended up at 42.5gr to make it happy with the new powder.
then I ran down and got many pounds of Varget.
Any time I think I want to try a new powder I will get 4 pounds minimum with same batch number just in case it is good.

If it sucks I sell it here for what I got it for.. and sometimes 2 bucks more to pay for my gas to pick it up and meet someone somewhere. And sometimes I take a loss by a few cents. It all averages out.

But buying 1 lb is totally not acceptable anymore. Just think the RL19 you will get next time may treat you like Varget treated me.

You can always sell it or keep it for non sub moa.. as if I can hold MOA sitting on a tree branch with the wind blowing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom