Road rage gone wrong . . . the Honda vs Ford truck video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When someone is driving really fast and aggressively, instead of going right to the 'they're an azzhole' thought, I try to consider that maybe they have a legit reason to be in a hurry. Dying relative in the hospital or something?
Just move over and let them by.
That’s why they are called emergency flashers. Honda didn’t have his on. ETA: Honda gets no sympathy from me. He probably deserved exactly what he got.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not want to be the person in that truck if that dash cam footage made it to trial!

I am not sayin that the car driver was making good decisions, but I could see a jury holding the driver of the truck accountable for something!

I thought it was odd that the person with the dash cam was basicly saying that the car got what they deserved!

I do not believe they got what they deserved, and hope they walked away without harm!

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While the truck driver was being a jerk, he is not to blame for the accident. That is 100% on the honda driver. Granted, there is no back story but that Honda driver was being very, very aggressive, was tailgating the truck, then did an illegal pass on the shoulder of the car in the outside lane, tried to cut off the truck by passing between the truck and another car and overcorrected. And for all we know the Honda may have already tried brake checking the truck once, so the truck was trying to prevent that. Had the Honda driver backed off he wouldn't have crashed, plain and simple.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
While the truck driver was being a jerk, he is not to blame for the accident. That is 100% on the honda driver. Granted, there is no back story but that Honda driver was being very, very aggressive, was tailgating the truck, then did an illegal pass on the shoulder of the car in the outside lane, tried to cut off the truck by passing between the truck and another car and overcorrected. And for all we know the Honda may have already tried brake checking the truck once, so the truck was trying to prevent that. Had the Honda driver backed off he wouldn't have crashed, plain and simple.
When taht truck sped up to block them, they assumed half of the responsibility for that accident. I hope they're found and charged. Not saying the Honda driver was right.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drive about 34,000 miles a year on average. I'm always amazed at the little rice burners that think they own the road and drive like idiots thinking they are road racers. See them all over the highways in metro areas with the wings on the trunk and loud exhaust. Nothing against that style, it's just the car on the highway that seems to want to think they are on a track in competition.
Had one of them in a beater tailgate me within feet while chatting on his phone and looking around. I was doing 5 mph over the speed limit. Thought he was drafting evidently in his NASCAR mind.
Kept tapping the flashers thinking he would back off and didn't. Finally, just let off the cruise and started coasting. Rear end collision is his fault and the bumper needed replacing.
In a panic moment he realized what was happening and did an emergency brake. I put the cruise back on and he fell right back into my tailgate like nothing ever happened while still on his cell phone.
Finally brake checked him to see how good his reflexes were. Pretty good evidently as he didn't hit me and backed off to a respectable distance for the rest of the drive before he exited.
No road rage on either party, just some dumb driving by someone that thinks they can drive like an idiot in the rice burner.
IMHO the Honda driver in the OP's video was a total idiot trying to jet through traffic and just couldn't understand that he has to wait his time for traffic to open up so he can make a safe and reasonable move to a lane where they can speed up or whatever they want to do.
They got a totaled vehicle for their impatience but no injuries according to a story read on the news.
Hopefully the Honda driver learned an expensive lesson in that you don't challenge a vehicle three times your size and weight and expect to win

You wouldn't believe the idiots that do stupid shat when you're pulling a 16,000+pound RV behind the truck doing the speed limit or a tad over.
You have to drive 1/4 mile ahead to see what is developing. Watching for brake lights, traffic slowing, and so on.
The idiots that constantly invade the safe space left between the vehicle ahead of us don't understand what becoming a sandwich might feel like if we can't shut down.
That's their problem, not mine.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive about 34,000 miles a year on average. I'm always amazed at the little rice burners that think they own the road and drive like idiots thinking they are road racers. See them all over the highways in metro areas with the wings on the trunk and loud exhaust. Nothing against that style, it's just the car on the highway that seems to want to think they are on a track in competition.
Had one of them in a beater tailgate me within feet while chatting on his phone and looking around. I was doing 5 mph over the speed limit. Thought he was drafting evidently in his NASCAR mind.
Kept tapping the flashers thinking he would back off and didn't. Finally, just let off the cruise and started coasting. Rear end collision is his fault and the bumper needed replacing.
In a panic moment he realized what was happening and did an emergency brake. I put the cruise back on and he fell right back into my tailgate like nothing ever happened while still on his cell phone.
Finally brake checked him to see how good his reflexes were. Pretty good evidently as he didn't hit me and backed off to a respectable distance for the rest of the drive before he exited.
No road rage on either party, just some dumb driving by someone that thinks they can drive like an idiot in the rice burner.
IMHO the Honda driver in the OP's video was a total idiot trying to jet through traffic and just couldn't understand that he has to wait his time for traffic to open up so he can make a safe and reasonable move to a lane where they can speed up or whatever they want to do.
They got a totaled vehicle for their impatience but no injuries according to a story read on the news.
Hopefully the Honda driver learned an expensive lesson in that you don't challenge a vehicle three times your size and weight and expect to win

You wouldn't believe the idiots that do stupid shat when you're pulling a 16,000+pound RV behind the truck doing the speed limit or a tad over.
You have to drive 1/4 mile ahead to see what is developing. Watching for brake lights, traffic slowing, and so on.
The idiots that constantly invade the safe space left between the vehicle ahead of us don't understand what becoming a sandwich might feel like if we can't shut down.
That's their problem, not mine.
Again, you don't know the circumstances of the incident. What if the driver of the Honda had just received a phone call telling them their wife and 8 year old daughter had been involved in an accident and both were barely hanging on to life? Why is it so hard for people to be courteous? And FWIW, brake checking is road rage and completely illegal. There would have been no need for you to do that if you'd just get in the right lane and let them by. The accident is up the road, let them get to it first.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, you don't know the circumstances of the incident. What if the driver of the Honda had just received a phone call telling them their wife and 8 year old daughter had been involved in an accident and both were barely hanging on to life? Why is it so hard for people to be courteous? And FWIW, brake checking is road rage and completely illegal. There would have been no need for you to do that if you'd just get in the right lane and let them by. The accident is up the road, let them get to it first.

Maybe you don't understand Dennis' predicament. If he is like most RV'ers, he will be in the right hand lane except when needing to pass someone slower. Also, I don't want some dufous driver on his phone and tailgating me either, so I would probably either slow down or if the guy can't pass me, do something to get him to back off. I don't want him hitting the rear of my RV.

I've already got some very minor damage to the right rear end of my fifth wheel. When the wife and I are moving the RV, she drives behind me in the Expedition, partly to watch for any problems with the RV, but she mainly watches to see if I want to change lanes. When I turn on my turn signal, she moves into the next lane, partly to help block anyone from running up on me and blocking my access to the lane. Going through Salt Lake City during rush hour, I turned on my turn signal to go right. Before she could get over to block, someone in a small car zipped past her and then wanted to zip past me as well. I saw them in my mirror and steered to get back into my original lane, which caused the tail end of the RV to swing a bit to the right and their car was there. No crashes, but I imagine their vehicle was scratched up a bit as well. I didn't even know that I had made contact with their vehicle until the next day.

As for the guy maybe having an emergency, maybe he should have had his emergency flashers on to indicate a need to get by.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

So in the .00001% chance he got a phone call that his wife and 8 year old daughter had been involved in an accident...... how does that justify putting 4 other cars and their lives in danger? including ********* Honda owner. Don't get me wrong the truck is a ********* too, but the Honda driver just excels at it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom