Road rage gone wrong . . . the Honda vs Ford truck video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, screw the honda prick. I drive 80 in the fast lane and when I brake check a prick their eyes light up. Don't run up myass on the interstate, you will probably have trouble you don't want.
People doing too many stupid things makes me get in the right lane and make it home safely to my family. Hope you continue to make it home to yours too.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While the truck driver was being a jerk, he is not to blame for the accident. That is 100% on the honda driver. Granted, there is no back story but that Honda driver was being very, very aggressive, was tailgating the truck, then did an illegal pass on the shoulder of the car in the outside lane, tried to cut off the truck by passing between the truck and another car and overcorrected. And for all we know the Honda may have already tried brake checking the truck once, so the truck was trying to prevent that. Had the Honda driver backed off he wouldn't have crashed, plain and simple.
The truck driver most definitely aggravated the situation by speeding up and slowing down . . . and then being an idiot and brake checking the car as it tried to move over behind it.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, screw the honda prick. I drive 80 in the fast lane and when I brake check a prick their eyes light up. Don't run up myass on the interstate, you will probably have trouble you don't want.
If you going 80 in the fast lane and don't speed up a little more to move out of the way . . . and then brake check people? Dude. Just get out of the way.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So in the .00001% chance he got a phone call that his wife and 8 year old daughter had been involved in an accident...... how does that justify putting 4 other cars and their lives in danger? including ********* Honda owner. Don't get me wrong the truck is a ********* too, but the Honda driver just excels at it.
They both chose violence that day . . .

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
So in the .00001% chance he got a phone call that his wife and 8 year old daughter had been involved in an accident...... how does that justify putting 4 other cars and their lives in danger? including ********* Honda owner. Don't get me wrong the truck is a ********* too, but the Honda driver just excels at it.
Never insinuated that it justified it, but people do crazy stuff when under duress. Heck, for all I know, he was on his way to get his third booster, in which case everyone was already in danger of dying just by being around him. If he's rolled his window down, the whole state might be under quarantine now.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I drive about 34,000 miles a year on average. I'm always amazed at the little rice burners that think they own the road and drive like idiots thinking they are road racers. See them all over the highways in metro areas with the wings on the trunk and loud exhaust. Nothing against that style, it's just the car on the highway that seems to want to think they are on a track in competition.
Had one of them in a beater tailgate me within feet while chatting on his phone and looking around. I was doing 5 mph over the speed limit. Thought he was drafting evidently in his NASCAR mind.
Kept tapping the flashers thinking he would back off and didn't. Finally, just let off the cruise and started coasting. Rear end collision is his fault and the bumper needed replacing.
In a panic moment he realized what was happening and did an emergency brake. I put the cruise back on and he fell right back into my tailgate like nothing ever happened while still on his cell phone.
Finally brake checked him to see how good his reflexes were. Pretty good evidently as he didn't hit me and backed off to a respectable distance for the rest of the drive before he exited.
No road rage on either party, just some dumb driving by someone that thinks they can drive like an idiot in the rice burner.
IMHO the Honda driver in the OP's video was a total idiot trying to jet through traffic and just couldn't understand that he has to wait his time for traffic to open up so he can make a safe and reasonable move to a lane where they can speed up or whatever they want to do.
They got a totaled vehicle for their impatience but no injuries according to a story read on the news.
Hopefully the Honda driver learned an expensive lesson in that you don't challenge a vehicle three times your size and weight and expect to win

You wouldn't believe the idiots that do stupid shat when you're pulling a 16,000+pound RV behind the truck doing the speed limit or a tad over.
You have to drive 1/4 mile ahead to see what is developing. Watching for brake lights, traffic slowing, and so on.
The idiots that constantly invade the safe space left between the vehicle ahead of us don't understand what becoming a sandwich might feel like if we can't shut down.
That's their problem, not mine.

Here in Oklahoma I’ve had far more big trucks tailgating wanting to go 85-90+ on the turnpike than cars.

As far as the video. The Accord is at fault, but the truck is being a douche extraordinaire. I try not to go in with stereotypes but dang if there isn’t good reason for the stereotype that bro-dozer drivers have.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, you don't know the circumstances of the incident. What if the driver of the Honda had just received a phone call telling them their wife and 8 year old daughter had been involved in an accident and both were barely hanging on to life? Why is it so hard for people to be courteous? And FWIW, brake checking is road rage and completely illegal. There would have been no need for you to do that if you'd just get in the right lane and let them by. The accident is up the road, let them get to it first.
Still doesn't give the ricer the right to act the way they did no matter what the truck did, and yes your correct NOBODY on this forum knows what happened before getting caught on the cam. It could have very well started way down the road.
LEO are restricted to 10 mph over the speed limit on an emergency call if I remember right which is totally ignored from what I see. Family emergency does not give anyone a pass to drive like that honda no matter how one tries to justify it in their mind.
Those of us that are non-leo must still follow the speed limits even when passing as I've been instructed by an Oklahoma OHP while signing for a speeding ticket after passing another vehicle on a two-lane road that required me exceeding the posted speeding limit.
Courtesy on the road is the responsibility of all drivers. If some a$$ is blocking you it's for a reason. Back off and wait for an opportunity to get around them. Traffic ebbs and flows.
Brake checking is not road rage. I wasn't angry at all brake checking the idiot a few feet off my bumper. He was intentionally a few feet off my rear bumper at 65 mph which makes my safety in jeopardy as well as those inside my vehicle because it takes away from my attention to traffic in front of and beside me. He knew what he was doing, getting right back on my bumper after using 4 way flashers to warn him and finally letting off the cruise to drift slower.
See how that works?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here in Oklahoma I’ve had far more big trucks tailgating wanting to go 85-90+ on the turnpike than cars.

As far as the video. The Accord is at fault, but the truck is being a douche extraordinaire. I try not to go in with stereotypes but dang if there isn’t good reason for the stereotype that bro-dozer drivers have.
Bro-dozers. Thats a good one. Just what is that stereotype?

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still doesn't give the ricer the right to act the way they did no matter what the truck did, and yes your correct NOBODY on this forum knows what happened before getting caught on the cam. It could have very well started way down the road.
LEO are restricted to 10 mph over the speed limit on an emergency call if I remember right which is totally ignored from what I see. Family emergency does not give anyone a pass to drive like that honda no matter how one tries to justify it in their mind.
Those of us that are non-leo must still follow the speed limits even when passing as I've been instructed by an Oklahoma OHP while signing for a speeding ticket after passing another vehicle on a two-lane road that required me exceeding the posted speeding limit.
Courtesy on the road is the responsibility of all drivers. If some a$$ is blocking you it's for a reason. Back off and wait for an opportunity to get around them. Traffic ebbs and flows.
Brake checking is not road rage. I wasn't angry at all brake checking the idiot a few feet off my bumper. He was intentionally a few feet off my rear bumper at 65 mph which makes my safety in jeopardy as well as those inside my vehicle because it takes away from my attention to traffic in front of and beside me. He knew what he was doing, getting right back on my bumper after using 4 way flashers to warn him and finally letting off the cruise to drift slower.
See how that works?
When the dash cam catches the brake check, I think the officer may disagree with you. But I'm not LEO. And noone has said they were right. Instead of brake checking, if people drove with a little courtesy, stuff like this would happen way less frequently. So, you brake check them and they hit you. Now what have you proven? You're trip just got longer as you get to sit and wait on the officer to show up. And for what? Because you felt the need to assert some kind of dominance over them. Life's too short man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom