Road rage gone wrong . . . the Honda vs Ford truck video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the dash cam catches the brake check, I think the officer may disagree with you. But I'm not LEO. And noone has said they were right. Instead of brake checking, if people drove with a little courtesy, stuff like this would happen way less frequently. So, you brake check them and they hit you. Now what have you proven? You're trip just got longer as you get to sit and wait on the officer to show up. And for what? Because you felt the need to assert some kind of dominance over them. Life's too short man.
The brake check on my part anyway wasn't jam on the brakes and watch the collision in the rear-view mirror. It was to get him off my bumper for the protection of myself and those in my vehicle after multiple warnings. Problem with that?
Any rear end collision is automatically the fault of the person following too close so the trooper seeing that would have never given a ticket if the idiot had collided with me.
I can't understand anyone taking the side of the Honda or anyone acting like they did. SMMFH.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
The brake check on my part anyway wasn't jam on the brakes and watch the collision in the rear-view mirror. It was to get him off my bumper for the protection of myself and those in my vehicle after multiple warnings. Problem with that?
Any rear end collision is automatically the fault of the person following too close so the trooper seeing that would have never given a ticket if the idiot had collided with me.
I can't understand anyone taking the side of the Honda or anyone acting like they did. SMMFH.
Again, I'm not condoning the Honda driver. But the truck in the left lane was just as wrong. If people would ride in the right lane, less of this stuff would happen. Be more courteous on the road and everyone gets where they're going safely.

Is brake checking a tailgater illegal?

Yes it is illegal to brake check a tailgater. Causing an accident on purpose is illegal. Others have said that you can claim to have seen something dart into the road, but you have still caused an accident.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, I'm not condoning the Honda driver. But the truck in the left lane was just as wrong. If people would ride in the right lane, less of this stuff would happen. Be more courteous on the road and everyone gets where they're going safely.

Is brake checking a tailgater illegal?

Yes it is illegal to brake check a tailgater. Causing an accident on purpose is illegal. Others have said that you can claim to have seen something dart into the road, but you have still caused an accident.
Of course, you can't cause an intentional accident. I'd like to see the legal citation in OK where a tailgater gets off a rear end collision. You emphasized it, now show it.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score

Brake checking: Know your rights if you get into a rear-end crash​

On Behalf of Law Office of Jeffrey A. Jones, P.A. | Nov 29, 2018 | Firm News
As someone who has a job and family, there are times when you’re in a rush. It’s never a good idea to tailgate another vehicle, but if you’re attempting to pass, you might have to get close to the vehicle to get ahead of someone in another lane before you can merge.
Some people don’t take kindly to others getting too close to them. Most people would move out of the way, but some people become enraged and brake check the other vehicle.
Brake checking is an illegal action. The person in front of you, in a brake checking situation, suddenly slams on their brakes. They do this to surprise you, and sometimes it’s to intentionally cause a collision. Regardless of where you are, this action puts you and others in danger.
Rear-end collisions aren’t always the fault of the rear driver
There is a myth that the car in the rear is always at fault when they get into a crash with the vehicle that is in front of them. The reality is that either driver could be at fault. If you have a dash cam in your vehicle, for example, showing the authorities that the other vehicle was stopped suddenly and for no reason could be enough to have the other party held liable for the crash.
Brake checking is a kind of road rage. Road rage in itself is illegal, because it is a form of reckless driving. Someone who recklessly controls their vehicle and intentionally puts others at risk should not be on the roads.
How can you prove the other driver brake checked you?
In crash scenarios, there are many times when it’s witness statements that help the most. If someone at the scene who agrees that the other driver suddenly cut in front of you and stopped, or that the driver had no reason to suddenly brake but did so anyway, their statement will help you. It would also be helpful to obtain any video evidence you can, which would support your claim that the other driver stopped without regard for the safety of those around them.
Videos are also great if you can get the other driver to admit to brake checking you. For instance, if the driver gets out of their vehicle after the crash and tells you they taught you a lesson, then that would be like an admission of guilt and helpful for your case.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Per Oklahoma Statutes, Title 47, Chapter 9, Article 9, Section 11-901, reckless driving is defined as any operation of a motor vehicle that exhibits reckless, wanton or willful disregard for the safety of other people or their property.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never insinuated that it justified it, but people do crazy stuff when under duress. Heck, for all I know, he was on his way to get his third booster, in which case everyone was already in danger of dying just by being around him. If he's rolled his window down, the whole state might be under quarantine now.

God I love living rent free. Either way, all you did was point out you can't handle the trucks actions, when the Honda was the main cause of the accident and put more people in danger. Is the truck at fault? sure..... but obscure excuse or not... the Honda escalated the situation and put others in danger.

Last edited:

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recall a driver on I-35 got rear ended and bragged to the trooper he was only doing 35 mph, and going on about how it was all the other guys fault, the trooper said how fast did you say you were going; the guy says 35, trooper said Well the first thing I am going to do is write you a speeding ticket, the guy said again but I was only gong 35, Trooper said the minimum speed on I-35 is 45, then the guy tried to claim he was going 45

Latest posts

Top Bottom