Rock Island Armory M1911's ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a few pesos burning a hole in my pocket and I'm thinking about adding another full size M1911 45 ACP to the stable but I'm not wanting to break the bank or second mortgage the house to do so.

I'm thinking about just a "plain Jane" RIA GI model but I do want white three dot sights even if I have to have them swapped out.

For those that have, have had or fired a RIA what are your overall impressions ?

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
from my observations, over the last couple of years RIA has stepped their game way up. quality and fit are much better than they used to be. i'm gonna get one of the 1911 22 magnums today. i've got a 10mm that made me look at the rocks with a new set of eyes and attitude about them

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fantastic pistol for the price.
I particularly like that the GI version is fully compatible with Colt parts, so customizing is fairly easy.
One downside is that the slide is only spot heat treated, not the entire slide. I had considered using one as a vase for a 460 Rowland but the slide isn’t treated well enough to handle the pressures-and that’s comjng directly from RIA.
As a 45 though it’s just about perfect.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great gun in that price range. I had one of their 22 mag models and the extractor pin would back out when shooting. I contacted their customer service and they sent me a shipping label. I sent it off and about 5 weeks later received a new pistol from them. Good customer service. I have also had a couple of the .45s and now have a 10 mm. All good guns. Remington R1 is another great pistol in that price range. They were in the mid $400 range not that long ago with a rebate.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't remember the model I have but it has high profile sights, ambi thumb safeties, and is matte black, and shoots like a house on fire. It was less than 5 bill's new, and I haven't looked back since. I've had her going on six years with no problems. Best money I've ever spent on a 1911. I had a SA1911 before this one, once the purchase was made and after several hundred rounds I got rid of the SA. If I ever buy another 1911 it will be a RIA!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom