Rock Island Armory M1911's ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love them. In fact, I sold two STI 2011s and use the R.I. pictured below for all of my competition shooting now. I have upwards of 10k rounds through it without a hitch that wasn't attributed to my reloads.
20160125_190201.jpg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OP, what did you get?

Charlie I've still got the itch and the extra pesos and I'm still looking.

I like my Springfield Armory and Remington R-1 1911's (both stainless) and I would have jumped on a Ruger SR1911 stainless by now but as hard as I try, except for the sights, I can't bring myself to like the contrasting color of the exterior parts......I'm also not overly fond of the skeletonized hammer and trigger either but the main thing holding me back is the contrasting colors (although not an issue in this case I also don't like ambi safeties).

I realize that the blued parts could be swapped out by spending more $$ after the purchase but what I'd like to find is something off the rack (like my SA and Remington were) configured the way I want it without breaking the bank.......the search continues.

1911 Ruger.jpg

Last edited:

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hangfire, hit me up. I think we talked about them last time you were in the shop. I think. Excellent guns. Call me tomorrow and I’ll happily answer questions.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I were going to shoot over a thousand rounds a month, I would be Leary of longivity. Less than that, give it a go.

Withthat, Shoot 500 and see how it runs. Yep, finish might not be so thick and soaked in. You looking for perdy or functional? JMO

Latest posts

Top Bottom