Roku device question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, I’m probably going to ditch it anyway. But in the meantime, it’s my source for local channels/news. We are relatively new to cutting the cable. So, besides rabbit ears, what is the best way to stream local news?
OTA is the only way I know of without some sort of subscription service. OTA is the best anyway as you get several sub channels now. 4.1, 4.2 etc. I know 9.2 is just a loop of their last newscast which is kind of nice if you miss the regular broadcast. Also the video quality rocks on the main channels with OTA.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with a ROKU stick on two very similar TV's One worked flawsly and the other would get playback issues. I swapped the sticks between TV's and the problem stayed with the TV. In the end it was some DRM clash between the two. Try to swap the sticks and see if the problem moves

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with a ROKU stick on two very similar TV's One worked flawsly and the other would get playback issues. I swapped the sticks between TV's and the problem stayed with the TV. In the end it was some DRM clash between the two. Try to swap the sticks and see if the problem moves
I found a YT vid that said to empty the cache on the tv. I can’t find the steenkin remote.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OTA is the only way I know of without some sort of subscription service. OTA is the best anyway as you get several sub channels now. 4.1, 4.2 etc. I know 9.2 is just a loop of their last newscast which is kind of nice if you miss the regular broadcast. Also the video quality rocks on the main channels with OTA.

This will get you a couple of hundred free stations with a ROKU TV or Stick

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NS3N1PM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Latest posts

Top Bottom