Roll Call: Who was your first and where is she now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Risky click for today.....

My first was a gorgeous Beretta 92SB. Deep blue, wood grips....flawless. I sold it waaaayyyy too cheap because I convinced myself I needed the latest and greatest thing.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Risky click for today.....

My first was a gorgeous Beretta 92SB. Deep blue, wood grips....flawless. I sold it waaaayyyy too cheap because I convinced myself I needed the latest and greatest thing.

Man, like a bunch of us have never done something like that.

My first was a beautiful little filly when she was mine, a hot blooded little rampant Colt like no other! I thought we'd be together forever. I loved her so. She was quite a handful too! I still laugh to myself as I remember breaking her in that first time. I ran her wet at first, but after awhile, we did it "dry and dirty" even and it was still darn good. But still, I can almost hear her now: " More lube would be nice..." Ha ha! But time passed and I fell for another, a truly beautiful and more slender little thing, she was from New York; Yonkers it was...as best I can recall. Her name was Kimber. And man, was she ever beautiful! But she proved to be a finicky little beauty and I quickly learned that I could never trust her, and so now, like my first, she too left me and has been through the hands; the greasy, dirty, calloused, FILTHY hands; of countless men. The heartless bastids! Why...some even used her,and left her soiled and dirty, expecting her to perform perfectly,as she had so often, for me, and for others, unknown to me at the time...so well. Sob...[emoji30]
But I've always had a thing for the European sort and my current, or shall I say my latest, is a rough Austrian, black as coal she is too, but I don't care, after all, black is just a color as age is just a number....but I digress, this little Teutonic wench is simply... she is simply...voracious! That's the best way to describe her, and one thing for sure, she may not be the looker that some of my others have been, but she is for darned sure there for me whenever I need her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Llama .45 1911 knock off. I didn't know what I was looking for when I bought it and ended up getting less than I wanted. One of the previous owners had filed down the slide stop to the point that if you had the slide locked back when you put a magazine in, it would slam forward. Just about soiled myself the first time that happened. That was also the gun that I figured out what extended beaver tails are for and why it suck to not have them. Used to have a scar from the slide bite on that one.

I sold it to a co-worker a few years back (with a warning about the slide stop). Was quite happy to see it go.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger Security Six .357 magnum, stainless w/6 in. barrel from the mid 70's.
She's resting comfortably in the safe after thousands of rounds well done. She looks just as young as she did back when. She'll never leave me.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oops my bad, ummmmm....my first gun I was given (handed down from dad) was a Ruger 10/22 and she’s still in the safe today , the first gun I purchased myself was a used Westernfield 20 gauge pump, my first pistol was a Ruger P94 DC (another hand me down from dad) I still have all 3

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First gun I purchased was a 10/22. Still have it, although its "built" now and only shares the receiver with stock.
First pistol I purchased was a Gen4 Glock 21. Had it a few months and never liked it...sold it and got into 1911's.
First gun I owned was a Browning Auto 5, grandpa gave it to dad, dad gave it to me...it aint going anywhere.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger Single Six, bought at MCAS El Toro in 1968, still have her, but through the years her .22 Magnum cylinder was lost. First shotgun, Mossberg .410 bolt action, given to me by my Dad, still have her too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom