Roll Call: Who was your first and where is she now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was the first pistol I ever fired when I was 6 . Harrington and Richardson 949

It's one of the ones I mistakenly let go too...dammit. That was a fun little gun. Cheap, .22, plink-o-rama ton of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me it was an SW99, the S&W version of the Walther P99, the new James Bond gun. Walther frame with a S&W slide and barrel. I read magazines and researched for months before I bought it. Loved that gun, still miss it. Sold it to a good friend of mine when I moved away and went to school - thought I needed the money, but honestly, I could have done without it. I still wish I had never sold it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mowed yards for an entire summer to buy the H&R Topper M48 ,410 when I was 11 years old.
Of course my dad had to accompany me, but I handed him my money, he bought it, and broke it down to the stock/upper and we carried it across and down main street in Ponca City to the parking lot at the grocery store where mom was shopping.
Cost: $17.50 plus tax.
That gun still sits in my safe today after killing untold quail, squirrel dove, and rabbit.
Every one of my cousins used that gun as a break in gun to shooting until it got to the point the hammer would not stay cocked.
Gunsmith fixed that issue, making it safe to shoot.

I've heard a lot of comment on the TV and internet gun guru's that say the worst thing to start a kid shooting is with a full choke .410.
I have to kinda disagree.
If taught wrong, the naysayers are correct.
If taught the way I was with my Uncle, (only gun owner in my family) you learned to let the game get within the range of the gun, and not let the gun extend the range it was not capable of.
The .410 is just as deadly as a 12 ga on game at the distances it was designed for.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, I had to go to Gunbroker and look at the listings to find it. Damn, I am getting old. And I don't need anymore comments from OSA members. LMFAO

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger MKII 6 7/8" target model my dad gave me for my 17th birthday.

I shot about a bazillion rounds thru it and it was showing age. I picked up a MK III 5.5" bull upper and bolt and made it new again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom