Roto tilling?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a wide variety of things you can plant now for a fall garden and depending on the weather somethings will last up til January the way the weather is now days.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my first year having a garden and I really like using used cattle mineral tubs. Drill some holes in the bottom and good to go.

Other than that I used an old 170gallon oval stock tank that the bottom was rotten out of. Perfect raised bed. I recently got another small round stock tank, probably close to a 400 gallon that I am Gonna start prepping for next year.

Just a thought though, RickN. If you do roto till a garden are you in good enough health to weed the garden? Seems to me like traditional gardening is a lot more work than container/raised bed gardening.
Yes I know but I tore my bicep trying to fill the containers I have. Plus a regular garden I can fit more in.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a wide variety of things you can plant now for a fall garden and depending on the weather somethings will last up til January the way the weather is now days.
I have kept tomato plants producing until a hard freeze.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done both raised beds/container and direct in the soil gardens and they both have their pros and cons. you have to do what works for you.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no experience with the style of gardening in the link I posted above, but it may be an option. Tilling the ground is necessary in some forms of gardening, to be sure, but it definitely has its downsides as well.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gardening is so hit and miss, plus canning afterwards… buy cases of canned veggies and fruits to stash and worry about WATER. IMHO 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Top Bottom