Roy Clark has passed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in the 70s. Hee Haw was mandatory viewing in our house.

A guy I work with saw him in concert just a few years ago. He said he was helped out onto the stage by a guy, he helped him into a chair, handed him his guitar, helped him adjust it and a microphone in front of him, then swiftly left the stage. Roy then played non stop for about an hour and a half or so. When he was finished, the same guy walked up to him, moved the mic stand, took his guitar from him and helped him off stage again. Sad.

But...my buddy said it was one of the best shows he had ever been to.

Rest in peace, mr. Pickin' and a grinnin' :bowdown:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Thank God and Greyhound you're Gone." One of the most humorous songs I've heard in my lifetime. As a matter of fact, when my son was thinking of ridding himself of his wife I went to youtube and played it for him.
I don't know if Roy Clark had Alzheimers or not but on Youtube he had a problem remembering the words to a song-but that's besides the point. Clark was a legend unto himself and could always mesmerize the audience. He was a poor boy until he larned geetar and the story began and now it's ended. There won't be another Roy Clark.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RIP Roy. Great guitarist and person, loved Hee Haw back in the day!!

th
quote-you-might-be-a-redneck-if-you-have-every-episode-of-hee-haw-on-tape-jeff-foxworthy-143-43-31.jpg

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He could play a fiddle too. I'm not a huge fan of his style of music but I've said since I was a teen, that if it had strings on it, Roy Clark could make it scream. The amount of talent that man had was nothing short of immense. He could entertain anyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom