RTFM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Soooo yesterday My wonderful wife informed me "hey sweetie the dishwasher is not draining".
So I commence to taking the filters out to see if it is stopped up...... Well other that a piece of yarn, which nobody knows how it got into the dishwasher! Only one person is the castle that knits but one thing I have learned in 30 sumptin years of blissfulish marriage is pick your battles!!:yikes2: So it being time to watch the prime time **** show Hosted by C Wallace and attended by 2 meatheads I decided to wait until today...... Got home from work and yanked the dishwasher out of the cabinet , checked the drain connection at the plumbing , Good, Pulled the drain hose off the dishwasher and looked at the back flow , Good. Checked continuity at the pump, Good!!!! Okay , so now it is time to RTFM(damnit I am a man I hate manuals :blush:, it is what it is). So go to the trouble shooting tips and the first thing I read is " On your Frigidaire dishwasher most problems can be fixed by reset. Turn off the power to dishwasher for 3 minutes, turn back on , wait five minutes and check operation.............. Wise ass manual can kiss my ass I still aint gonna read the damn manual cause I am a Man and men don't ...................... NVM, RTFM is maybe the latest lesson I have learned ...........

Oh buy the way I also learned today that under no circumstances am I allowed to leave work early on Friday and pack my **** and go hunting if it falls on Oct 2nd which also happens to be my Wife's anniversary of the day she married the bestest husband in the whole universe!!!!:Heya::cool:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have spent my life fixing stuff. I learned in high school shop class thanks to Mr. Wainwright "Read the manual." It has served me well for the last 30 years.
In my defense, I have spent a lot of time fixing appliances around here so I did not go in completely igernt. And 9 times out of 10 it is something simple.............. But I skipped vacay a couple years ago so we could replace all the appliances and these bad boys are pretty fancy so I may need to learn this old dog a couple new tricks!!:cool: Shop class..... man that brings back some fond memories!! :cool:

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all seriousness my jobs have all required reading of manuals to be good at the job. Not something I enjoy but I do like knowing what I am doing and getting it done the easy way. Appliances can be such a pia. The old stuff was much simpler timers, floats, switches. Now the mainboard controls most everything and when it goes tits up. Its time to buy a new one. #1 most important thing in a dishwasher is how good she cooks. Second thing is to try and find a quiet one.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all seriousness my jobs have all required reading of manuals to be good at the job. Not something I enjoy but I do like knowing what I am doing and getting it done the easy way. Appliances can be such a pia. The old stuff was much simpler timers, floats, switches. Now the mainboard controls most everything and when it goes tits up. Its time to buy a new one. #1 most important thing in a dishwasher is how good she cooks. Second thing is to try and find a quiet one.

Man ... I'm batting a thousand. Grumpy can't cook ... Oh wait!! Now that he's "more mature" he just naps in his chair until bedtime. It is GLORIOUS!! LOL (He won't read the damned manual either ... )

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading the manual got me into trouble with my company and a lawsuit to the manufacturer after we figured out the manual was wrong. After connecting wire "B" to terminal 23 and wire "A" to terminal 16, I let out the magic smoke when I powered it up. I actually caused version two on the manual to be written.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You spend a lot of time reading fantasy novels dontcha !! Cooks good and quiet ........... Thats some funny stuff right there:rollingla:rotflmao:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have spent my life fixing stuff. I learned in high school shop class thanks to Mr. Wainwright "Read the manual." It has served me well for the last 30 years.
Hey, if Mr. Wainwright is still around, give him a call and thank him! That would make his day. I wish I could thank one of my teachers but he's long gone.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
REAL MEN DON'T NEED INSTRUCTION MANUALS!

s-l300.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom