Ruger 1911 in 10mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be very interested. Maybe even MORE interested if Ruger does a 38 Super.....

"Dear Santa, I've been a very good boy this year"...

Ruger is quickly becoming one of my "go to" 1911 manufacturers, especially at what I consider to be a reasonable price point. My LW 9mm Commander has been flawless, and I shoot it better than anything else.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bad experience was with a DW Pointman 7, an early one. The rear sight was just pinned in place instead of being dovetail. The recoil sheared the roll pin - actually 2 of them - and as it left the slide it also took the threads for the elevation adjustment screw.
Two lessons learned:
1) always get a dovetailed rear sight on a 10mm slide
2) never buy another DW

Early DW before CZ had issues, now they are some of the best 1911s out there.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be very interested. Maybe even MORE interested if Ruger does a 38 Super.....

Ruger is quickly becoming one of my "go to" 1911 manufacturers, especially at what I consider to be a reasonable price point. My LW 9mm Commander has been flawless, and I shoot it better than anything else.

How about both? :D But yeah.... I'm with you on the .38 super

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Don't mean to hijack here, but my Ruger LW 9mm Commander and I have the exact same kind of relationship going on. It is a darn fine pistol! I bet the 10mm would be awesome.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another great thing about Ruger - when they announce a product they're already in distribution channels ready for sale. I saw 3 of these on Gunbroker last night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom