Ruger 22/45 Mk III target model grips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bfahrny56

New to the site!
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me id grips for a standard model Mk III 22/45 can be adapted to fit a Target model? I am given to understand that there is a a difference, but have been unable to compare the two. I'm hoping that the judicious application of a dremel to might work. I'm hoping to find out before investing in grips if it's possible.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Circling back to this…

I received the Duragrips I ordered for a Mark III 22/45 and they do not fit the target model, and modification is going to be far less than simple.

If you started with grips that were thick enough, you could hollow out the inside with a Dremel so that they would fit over the existing grip/frame of the 22/45 Target.

I pulled the grips someone had put on my pistol and discovered that they were made with a 3D printer and covered with that rubberized dip that you can buy at Home Depot to coat your tools with. They did a good job because they looked very similar to Pachmeyers.

My grips are faux stag and very thin, so I do not have enough material to ”hollow out” the middle. What I am doing is using the 3D printed grips and modeling clay to mold the hollowed area. I will then lay that on the back side of the stag grips and use JB Weld to build up the edges of the stag grips to the appropriate height. I will then be able to file and Dremel the JB Weld to fit the grips to my pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom